Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Coffee in TOPAZ tomorrow(Friday)

Options
  • 09-04-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

They have a driver awareness promotion. To fight driver fatigue...

If you go in and show them your car keys to prove you are a driver then you get free coffee.
    Well that's what they said a while ago on the radio.:cool:

Update from website:
    "For the rest of the year Topaz has undertaken to provide free coffee to drivers on Bank Holiday Fridays at their countrywide network of company owned sites all over the country."
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Do you have to buy their fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Cionád wrote: »
    Do you have to buy their fuel?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Excellent, Have a 4 hour trip to Mayo tmrw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Cionád wrote: »
    Excellent, Have a 4 hour trip to Mayo tmrw :)

Bet you wont pass a single Topaz on your way..:)

I'm going to call to my friend about 10 mins away and stop in the topaz on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Might just borrow a friends carkeys and walk up the road to Topaz tomorrow then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

driving to kerry tomorrow hope theres some topaz on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Kristok wrote: »
    driving to kerry tomorrow hope theres some topaz on the way

There is a Topaz in Tralee on the main road into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Bet you wont pass a single Topaz on your way..:)
    I'm pretty sure there's one on the N11 for tomorrow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

aweeesome. thanks op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i shall pop into one, hopefully it will be still offered after 12 as i don't rise earlier than that on a friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Princess Jade

Thanks OP. Will enjoy some free coffee tomorrow.

xx

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

It would be polite to have a ham sangwedge, at least, if you're availing of a free drink.

After all, the oil companies only got PART of our west coast resources for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Thanks OP. Will enjoy some free coffee tomorrow. xxJ

I hope it's better than the muck they sell on a daily basis, but I doubt that it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

sweet one around the corner from my gaff. wide awake for work tomorrow makes a change on a friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

dh0661 wrote: »
    I hope it's better than the muck they sell on a daily basis, but I doubt that it will be.

It's a day of penitence for many people so it's appropriate that it be worse than normal.

In fairness, though, it will be free worse than normal muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Corksham

Was in the topaz in Bishopstown Cork this morning and there was no free coffee, no mention of it anywhere in the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Enjoyment?! On a Good Friday?!

Jayis lads - keep quiet before the lads in the hats here ye! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

called into Topaz in Templeogue this morning and they never heard of the free coffee offer. Is anywhere actually doing this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Free coffees on Friday, at its 105 company owned stations.
    Posters advertising the free coffees will be in place outside all participating stations.

List of 105 Participating stations

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭deffin

It would serve them better if they dropped their fuel prices - especially here in Galway.....way overpriced...!!!!they could afford to give free coffee everyday.............!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I called to one in Limerick today. The person at the till didn't mention it. I did. He hadn't heard about it. Boss overheard conversation and confirmed.

No signs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

also none with a bibi's will do it, as they arent topaz, they are bibi's.

going into as many topaz's as I can, bbl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm gonna fill up in the topaz in swords later, I'll let u know if they are doing free coffee. Does that include cappuccino I wonder?

Swords do it. Sign was up. Regular coffee only afaik.

got my coffee in bray they said only small cup though, I felt as if they sort of begrudged me taking some coffee, was sorta awkward. fair play to topaz though.

No signs/posters up though. You'd have to know about it to actually avail of the offer, like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Beau x1 wrote: »
    got my coffee in bray they said only small cup though, I felt as if they sort of begrudged me taking some coffee, was sorta awkward. fair play to topaz though.

No signs/posters up though. You'd have to know about it to actually avail of the offer, like.

I have seen the posters out today in a few topaz. "The Driver Reviver campaign"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

SWEET FREE COFFEE!!!

Great for the coffee addict I am :)

Ganna get some!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Got this in Topaz in Ashbourne this afternoon, the lad behind the counter mentioned it to me, otherwise i wouldn't have known....nice stuff too.

There was a poster up outside, but i only noticed it when i was leaving, i guess most people would be fixed on the price at the station on the way in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

denat wrote: »
    In fairness, though, it will be free worse than normal muck.

Wwwwwhhhhheeeee - free muck for easter :rolleyes:

Advertisement