Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raging Bull Blu-ray €11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ShaneU wrote: »
    Not sure how great blu-ray will make a black and white film look but it's a classic film nonetheless.
    Looks excellent apparently!

But I've said it once and I'll say it again, I buy Blu-ray mainly for the uncompressed sound, though video is nearly of equal importance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Peiking Duck

I will have some of that thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

basquille wrote: »
    Looks excellent apparently!

But I've said it once and I'll say it again, I buy Blu-ray mainly for the uncompressed sound, though video is nearly of equal importance.

I've never been able to tell the difference tbh. I'm a picture quality guy myself. I love the difference in quality from DVD to BD. I dunno if this movie will change very much between dvd and BD...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Bill-e wrote: »
    I've never been able to tell the difference tbh. I'm a picture quality guy myself. I love the difference in quality from DVD to BD. I dunno if this movie will change very much between dvd and BD...

Then I'd wager you've never heard uncompressed sound.

There really is a big step up from "normal" 5.1 to True-HD and DTS-MA.

That site is asking for a valid UK postcode when ordering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That site is asking for a valid UK postcode when ordering?
    I always use '00000'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I have this on Blu ray and the sound and picture is excellent. Great price in the OP's post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Soarer wrote: »
    Then I'd wager you've never heard uncompressed sound.

There really is a big step up from "normal" 5.1 to True-HD and DTS-MA.

And I wager 99% of people still don't care wth the hassle of standard 5.1, let alone True-HD audio.

And that's no slight on the quaility, but the fact is whatever about picture quaility it's even harder to sell someone on audio upgrades.

Syferus wrote: »
    And I wager 99% of people still don't care wth the hassle of standard 5.1

So you admit that there is a percentage of people who can hear the difference. A pointless debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Yeah thats a good deal all other big stores are around €20-€25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Syferus wrote: »
    And I wager 99% of people still don't care wth the hassle of standard 5.1, let alone True-HD audio.

And that's no slight on the quaility, but the fact is whatever about picture quaility it's even harder to sell someone on audio upgrades.

It was all kinds of wonderful of you to cut out the second line to make a point that that same line made redundant, but my post was directly above your's.

Advertisement