Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Mule

Options
  • 09-04-2009 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy this/watch it online? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try contacting the rte archives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just bumping this as it has been confirmed on 2fm that a new series of Pure Mule is being filmed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

gazzer wrote: »
    Just bumping this as it has been confirmed on 2fm that a new series of Pure Mule is being filmed at the moment.

That is Pure Mule :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yeah I heard this also. After a 3year break it will be back on our tv screens. It has to have been one of the best Irish programmes on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

It was one of the only irish tv series i liked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

how? Didn't the main character die? Ya an who was in man about dog?

Was my fav rte show ever bur i wouldn't want it without the two brothers.

kc66 wrote: »
    It was one of the only irish tv series i liked.

You should try Path To Freedom so or Batcehlor's Walk (I am guessing you saw BW).

Also Love is the Drug which I thought was very underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

ziedth wrote: »
    how? Didn't the main character die? Ya an who was in man about dog?

Did he?? What happened? The memory doesn't go back over a month!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

I think he had cancer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

ya it was cancer iirc, it was never really reported on. Should have been really i thought he was a very good actor.

I suppose they could recast his role but i'm never really a fan of doing that

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's a 2 part Pure Mule special coming out towards the end of July.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0702/puremule.html

deisemum wrote: »
    There's a 2 part Pure Mule special coming out towards the end of July.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0702/puremule.html

I think a second series would juxtapose the Celtic Tiger and the Recession in the Midlands excellent. It is a pity it is only a 2 hour special. Jane Gogan should resign as Head of Drama at RTÉ her commissions have been dreadful over the past number of years. Singlehanded and Raw while watchable the are both really average and she is only trying to gain some exceptance with renewing The Clinic each year. Come back Mary Callery all is forgiven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,814 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Elmo wrote: »
    what does iirc stand for?
    "If I recall correctly"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Lombard died? I see they've got a fella that looks like him and has the same name casted in that spot then.

Good show, I really enjoyed it. >>> Raw, Legend, and all them.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Elmo wrote: »
    I think a second series would juxtapose the Celtic Tiger and the Recession in the Midlands excellent. It is a pity it is only a 2 hour special. Jane Gogan should resign as Head of Drama at RTÉ her commissions have been dreadful over the past number of years. Singlehanded and Raw while watchable the are both really average and she is only trying to gain some exceptance with renewing The Clinic each year. Come back Mary Callery all is forgiven :)

The Clinic is re-commissioned yearly due to viewing figures, which SH are you refering to 1,2,or 3 similarly which Raw 1 or 2? Do you not rate Father and Son? Would it not be easier to say which of the Drama Commisions you don't rate?

P.S Mary Callery is working for Parallel (for numerous years) on guess what series.

TheBlock wrote: »
    The Clinic is re-commissioned yearly due to viewing figures, which SH are you refering to 1,2,or 3 similarly which Raw 1 or 2? Do you not rate Father and Son? Would it not be easier to say which of the Drama Commisions you don't rate?

P.S Mary Callery is working for Parallel (for numerous years) on guess what series.

Mary Callery should know better. Raw is very average could be based in any city, if they are going to make it make 20 eps. Single Handed is produced and written by English people and was meant for Wales again hugely average it could be any country setting. Father and Son is an British Production for ITV, it happened to be made in Ireland, could have been made in Iceland in all honesty.

Aren't they all of her commissions :) Oh! The Clinic is running too long at this stage we need a new Sunday Night Drama :)

Advertisement