Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDip in education- degrees recognised

Options
  • 08-04-2009 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,
    Hoping someone can help me here, I have a degree in chemical and process engineering from Cork Institute of Technology, however this degree is not on the list of degrees recognised by the teaching council of Ireland. I can request that the council investigate the degree to see if I would be eligible to complete a Hdip and hence teach, but when I was filling out the form it said I have to pay 200euro for the first subject checked and 75 for the second, is it just me or is that ludicrous, especially if they turn around and tell me that the degree will not suffice, that's 275euro down the drain. Anyone any ideas??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

It's a lot of money now but it'll only be a few days wages when you are in your dream job. Yes it could be a waste of money. Have a look at the degrees that are recognised and closest to your degree and see what are you missing. In all liklihood the teaching council will tell you you need an extra 15 or 20 credits in such and such. That's 12 weeks in college again or else by distance learning. If you really want to teach then you should pay the €275. It is the only way I'm afraid (unless you are happy to teach say in Northern Ireland or England for the rest of your life)

Advertisement