Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amelia Golightly

Options
  • 08-04-2009 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

the aunty poppy thread started me off down memory lane....anyone remember Amelia Golightly off 2 fm I think it was... mike moloney hosted the show and amelia the nun would ring in and give abuse...
    it was very funny alright, I used to work nights and we'd organise our breaks around it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

As far as I know, Fiona Looney was Amelia Golightly. I don't know if she wrote the pieces as well. It's a shame I never thought to tape any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Fiona looney? I'd never have figured that... thanks for the info...
    I was wondering if the lack of response meant I was dreaming...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Isn't (insert item here) a lot like liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffeeee!

I remember her alright! Didn't know it was Fiona Looney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Liked it well. Anyone got a recording?
    (Be surprised if the voice was Fiona Looney.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I'd love to hear a recording. I still remember the music as well - it was the sort of thing that you'd hear in the background of religious programs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Wasn't she the one with the high pitched voice on the radio around 1995? She used to always say 'it suddenly struck me!' I used to hear her when I was on a night shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

yep that was her alright, it certainly broke up the nightshift for me anyway..
    I wonder would RTE have tapes? she was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I remember this too. She was really funny. If anyone gets a link or anything stick it up here. I'd like to hear her again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Something in the dark recesses of my mind tells me it was voiced by the actress who played Sister Assumpta in Fr Ted. Rosemary Henderson. I could be wrong . . . . but I just could be right !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Garbanza was Sr Assumpta your one from the 'does it clean cups' Meteor ad?

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Garbanza was Sr Assumpta your one from the 'does it clean cups' Meteor ad?

Yes Ann22. You got her in one.

Firetrap wrote: »
    I'd love to hear a recording. I still remember the music as well - it was the sort of thing that you'd hear in the background of religious programs.

Has anyone any idea as to what that music was. It was all very fantasia-esque. Would really appreciate knowing ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Ah yes, it was Fiona Looney alright.

"And a thought suddenly struck me! Isn't <blank> a lot like <blank> ?"

Featured on Mike Moloney's show, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I thought she was on Gerry Wilson's show... "I was walking down the street, when I saw a sign for Free Willy. I went inside but it turned out it was a film about a whale!"

mental07 wrote: »
    Ah yes, it was Fiona Looney alright.

"And a thought suddenly struck me! Isn't <blank> a lot like <blank> ?"

Featured on Mike Moloney's show, if I remember correctly.

Are you sure you're sure mental07? I don't think it was Fiona Looney, she may have had a hand in writing the script but I don't think it was her voice.

You just reminded me with your ".....Isn't <blank> a lot like life. Laiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffeeeee". There was often a "Senior High Ranking Garda Official" in the script too. Anyhoo....can someone tell me what the background music was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ninababina

Thank you Ninababina...memories indeed. How did you come to have it??

Oh and....can someone please tell me what the background music is?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I know, a zombie thread, but another clip has surfaced of Amelia.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement