Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TROJAN DER in system restore help needed

Options
  • 08-04-2009 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Downloaded sddoctor demo,it says i have trojan agent DER in system volume restore folder, how do i delete the folder where is it located, THE disk cleanup program is not working,do i need to switch off system restore.IS there a another
    program that will get rid of it besides sddoctor?
    SYSTEM restore has no important files,i have a backup of my mp3s plus all driver files backuped using drivermax.I JUST want to delete all restore files if i can find em.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭numbnuts

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
    • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
    • Please post contents of that file in your next reply.

Paddy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i downloaded that prog it crashes,wont run, i,m doing a winxp reinstall,id like to know is there a way of deleting the old restore volume as its of no use to me,dont really wanna format the whole hd.whats the prog that gives you a grahical diagram ,zoomable of the whole hd under xp,showing all files ,even hidden files ,foders,every single byte.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

I don't know if you've tried this but restart your computer in safe mode (see link)...

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

...then run windows system restore to a date from last week. all your files (mp3's etc.) will be safe it will only get rid of programs or updates from the last week.

Hope all go's well.

Advertisement