Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2009, Round 3 (starts Thursday)

Options
  • 08-04-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

THURSDAY, APRIL 9
    Geelong v Collingwood MCG - Collingwood

SATURDAY, APRIL 11
    St Kilda v West Coast Telstra Dome - St. Kilda
    Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans Gabba - Sydney
    Carlton v Essendon MCG - Carlton

SUNDAY, APRIL 12
    Port Adelaide v Melbourne AAMI Stadium - Port
    North Melbourne v Hawthorn Telstra Dome North Melbourne
    Fremantle v Adelaide Subiaco Oval - Adelaide

MONDAY, APRIL 13
    Western Bulldogs v Richmond Telstra Dome - Bulldogs

Collingwood to beat the Cats for me. Ottens is a massive loss and with Tom Lonergan also injured Geelong lack big men.

I would have tipped the Eagles if the game was in Perth but I think it'll be a tight game before we lose in the 4th quarter. Sydney to continue last week's good form in Brisbane, while an injury ravaged Hawks will struggle against North.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭legend73

THURSDAY, APRIL 9
    Geelong v Collingwood MCG - Geelong

SATURDAY, APRIL 11

SUNDAY, APRIL 12
    Port Adelaide v Melbourne AAMI Stadium - Port Adelaide
    North Melbourne v Hawthorn Telstra Dome Hawthorn

MONDAY, APRIL 13
    Western Bulldogs v Richmond Telstra Dome - Richmond

Couple of games, Geelong ooze talent and will eaisly account for the Pies - 50 points. Hawthorn and Richmond are in must win games and it's only round 3. If the tigers lose that is a top 8 spot gone, if the Hawks lose a top 4 spot is unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

THURSDAY, APRIL 9
    Geelong v Collingwood MCG - Geelong

SATURDAY, APRIL 11

SUNDAY, APRIL 12
    Port Adelaide v Melbourne AAMI Stadium - Port
    North Melbourne v Hawthorn Telstra Dome North Melbourne

MONDAY, APRIL 13
    Western Bulldogs v Richmond Telstra Dome - Bulldogs

I agree with all of Xavi's, except I think the Cats will win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Feckin crap second quarter killed the Pies. Didn't kick a single goal.

Also, their set shots were horrendous.

that is pressure - ablett is a freak of the gene pool. 37 possesions.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Did I hear that Setanta is back playing with Carlton this weekend?

• Advertisement

He is an emergency. So back in the mix but not playing unless someone cries off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eagles givin a hiding today by the Saints.

Blues/Bombers was a cracker. Great to see Matty Lloyd back on form, kicking five goals and taking some super contested marks.

Brisbane hammered the Swans.

not great for the tipsters this week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Oh yeah. Give the Eagles a hiding and sitting pretty at the top of the ladder. Good weekend for the saints. Very early days but the signs seem good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Eagles got a fair hammering alright. Didnt sound pretty by all accounts. The blues/bombers game was great, huge intensity in it. as said, great to see Lloyd get his season kickstarted. Bombers did well to nulify the midfield threat in Carlton. Are Carlton going ot be one of those sides with promise but failing to live up to it?

• Advertisement

Carlton are a young team, I don't rate them at all. A couple of injuries to their senior players will see them fall down the pecking order. However if they have a good run with injuries they will improve and could very well make it into the 2nd week of finals football, in the same way the Hawks did in 2007.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

legend73 wrote: »
    Carlton are a young team, I don't rate them at all. A couple of injuries to their senior players will see them fall down the pecking order. However if they have a good run with injuries they will improve and could very well make it into the 2nd week of finals football, in the same way the Hawks did in 2007.

Really? I wouldnt be a huge fan of theirs, but I do think they have the potential to be a very good side pushing for grand final day. A lot is made of their midfield, and Judd is obviously the main star. But I think Bryce Gibbs is a great player too, and then with Fevola in the front line and the likes of Cameron Cloke getting some good games under his belt is helping them too. I think they are weak enough defensively alright, especially at full back where they are trying to groom Setanta into that position, but I dont think it will work.

Yes really! They have got a decent team on the field but a couple of injuries and they have nothing in reserve. The fact the Essendon beat them shows that the young guys they are playing are also dealing with the rigours of AFL and it is a tough proposition week to week. I expect them to make finals but they could be out in the 1st week. Wait until they play Geelong, St Kilda, Bulldogs or the Hawks to get an idea of where they are.

Advertisement