Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest a French book to aid learning?

Options
  • 08-04-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

Am learning French at present: current level is upper-basic (Beginners 3 in Alliance Francaise if that means anything to you!).

I reckon I'd get a lot of benefit from reading a French fiction book to help out - any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ginkgo

I don't know what level Beginners 3 in Alliance Francaise corresponds to. However I have read several of the Folio junior Harry Potter books in French and I find the level suits me. I recommend you take a look in the junior section of the library in the Alliance Francaise. Also see www.amazon.fr livres-> jeunesse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Try looking for french books in second hand book stores, i found a good few simple readers from the 70s :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I've heard that le petit prince is a popular beginner's book. It's a childrens tale but it's very interesting. I hope to read it someday....

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KarlNedCarew

I'd recommend getting a french newspaper like "Le Monde" either once a week or fortnight

You can get it in easons and most college newsagents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Riconho

fullerand wrote: »
    any suggestions?
    Best way to learn a language is passive and active assimilation.

Try to get used with tones by listening to radio, podcasts, television.
    Read something you're interesting in.
    And finally keep a learning book for bedtime reading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement