Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine Black Alps Anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__plec__

I remember them being dubbed as britains answer to Nirvana.

Loved their first album,'shot down' and 'get your guns' especially.expected them to be alot bigger than they are. Had actually forgotten about them till now,will check the link out

Was their second album any good do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

Quality band, caught them live at Temple bar me thinks and ****** a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Politeless

__plec__ wrote: »
    I remember them being dubbed as britains answer to Nirvana.

Loved their first album,'shot down' and 'get your guns' especially.expected them to be alot bigger than they are. Had actually forgotten about them till now,will check the link out

Was their second album any good do you know?

hey yeah i really loved the second album, it didn't do as well as the 1st and i'm not sure why. It was very raw in parts then very pop in others. the songs are brilliant though.

Quality band, caught them live at Temple bar me thinks and ****** a few years ago.

oh yeah me too, savage gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm, Blast from the past for me also! Its been about 2years since i listened to them, but everything is musta been on repeat for 6months on the mp3 player! Got to get meself their 2nd album!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Caught them in Cyprus Avenue last year. They were brill, earnumbing but brill. Apparently loads of people at the gig were drinking with them afterwards in the backroom. Me and my friends were too pissed to realise. Gutted!:(

Timmaay wrote: »
    Hmm, Blast from the past for me also! Its been about 2years since i listened to them, but everything is musta been on repeat for 6months on the mp3 player! Got to get meself their 2nd album!

do, its savage!

deisedude wrote: »
    Caught them in Cyprus Avenue last year. They were brill, earnumbing but brill. Apparently loads of people at the gig were drinking with them afterwards in the backroom. Me and my friends were too pissed to realise. Gutted!:(

i was at that show, ****ing class, and yep afterwards was class too!:)

go to http://www.nineblackalps.com/ for the free download and the SAVAGE raw video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

completely forgot about these!:Dthey were actually quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Saw them support Weezer years ago, they were great.

Its a cool song alright. Is that a Nirvana t-shirt hes wearing in the video? Got to dig his sense of humour if so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement