Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board mainteance question

Options
  • 08-04-2009 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have been given a surf board. Its about 8ft which I believe is suitable for a begineer. I have done a number of lessons with the large 10ft sponge type boards. I am hoping to take a few more lessons before I venture out with my own board.

However my question is the board I have been given has not seen water in about 5- 6 months. I looked at it yesterday and it is missing the leash which I can pick up pretty easy however there is a coating of wax-type resein mixed with sand on the board. My thinking is that the previous owner waxed the board and now it has hardened. Should I remove this layer of wax and reapply another layer or does it make any odd's to a begineer like me.

Sorry for such a noob question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Definately rewax it. It sounds like its picked up a lot of sand in the wax from how it was stored.

Check the beginners sticky at the top of the page for waxing info.

Advertisement