Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shaking shadow?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

I was out on a walk with one of my mates the other night at around 12 and we saw this shadow of a lamp post that was being cast over a house. the strange thing was the shadow was shaking violently....
    we checked out the lampost and it was shaking, we also checked out the light that was casting the shadow... again no shaking, any "other" explanations? I found it a little creepy, the shadow was really going mental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The lamp was shaking from what you say so they would for a start make the shadow shake.

What was the light source?
    Which night was the other night? (date)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    ..the strange thing was the shadow was shaking violently....
    we checked out the lampost and it was shaking, we also checked out the light that was casting the shadow... again no shaking

so what exactly was shaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

A failing gas discharge street lamp can flicker giving the impression it's shivering;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

sorry about the typo I meant it wasN'T shaking

the shadow was really goin at it would gas discharge really do that? it wasn't shimmering like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    sorry about the typo I meant it wasN'T shaking

the shadow was really goin at it would gas discharge really do that? it wasn't shimmering like

It could have been vibrating at a very high rate.You would nt see the actual pole move but its shadow would be shaking almost violently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement