Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Vision in Lidl's??

Options
  • 07-04-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey all,

I know this has no real relation to airsoft,but i've no idea where i should post this,so mods if this does offend,you can close this up,or please redirect me to a suitable forum to post this.Thanks.

Anyways,to the point,I have a quick question.
    I've heard alot of talk about Lidl selling Night vision goggles and I was wondering is this true?
    I've never found them for myself any time i've looked,so can anyone tell me which Lidl they have seen them stocked?,and what prices are they?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

I have heard the goggles you get in Lidl aren't great. You would probably be better off going for proper ones. As for stock, they used to have them in Galway but they seem to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

They get them in every now and again. They're only Gen 1, they cost around €120. And AFAIK they're really not all that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

I have said night vision monoculars and i thinkthey are very good. they aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread but they do work it just takes some patience to get the focus right etc. it also takes a bit of time to rig up a suitable helmet or AEG mount but when you do its very worth it. it works well with an IR pointer for targetting people at night and adds an extra dimension of play at night.

Oh don't get me wrong they do work and they are a hell of a lot better then no night vision. But I've been told as far as night vision goes they would be near bottom of the barrel stuff.

*There will be no discussion of the importation or use of mountable Night Vision Scopes. They are classified under Irish law as a "component parts to a firearm" and are illegal to own unlicensed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong they do work and they are a hell of a lot better then no night vision. But I've been told as far as night vision goes they would be near bottom of the barrel stuff.

*There will be no discussion of the importation or use of mountable Night Vision Scopes. They are classified under Irish law as a "component parts to a firearm" and are illegal to own unlicensed.

the big reason for them being the bottom of thebarrel is that in order to get a decent look at your surroundings you needto turn on the inbuilt IR source and this gives people a red dot to aim at. however i've found that team mates using low output IR filtered torches means that you get greater coverage out of your NV and also opponets can zero in as easily as the torches can be used to illuminate them while they are well out of range.

• Advertisement

Well the optics in the Lidl ones are crap. Of course if you give it a better light source you will be able to see more, but that doesn't make it good.

I have only ever used my friends Lidl night vision monocular so I can't compare it to any other night vision monocular. My friend said he was disappointed with the quality of the Lidl ones. He has had other night vision monoculars and he didnt pay all that much more for them. So yes these do work. And they work a HELL of a lot better then just your peepers...but if you spend like €30-€40 more you can get much better quality night vision monocular.

I was just trying to inform people of this before they go and shell out they're cash.

Advertisement