Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Recommend P.C Spec

Options
  • 07-04-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am purely a console gamer, but work in IT. I want to start playing flight simulator X so need to buy a P.C thats able to play it well. I was wondering what spec P.C I should get to so this ? I know nothing about graphics cards.

All I want is a P.C that can run flight simulator X very well.

Could someone recommend a P.C spec for this

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I play flight sim on a ati 4870 512mb graphics card and all details are maxed in respect to this game the more ram the better i have 8gbs and thats a bit more than neccesary but it helps cause there so much scenery etc.
    The game is a big install i think its over 16gb with the accleration add on pack . so a good size hard drive is essential.
    I run with a intel quad core . Thats a good rig for the game every detail maxed . I would defo reccomend getting a good flight contoller i got the saitek x52 and which is joystick and throttle you can also buy pedals seperate .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I play flight sim on a ati 4870 512mb graphics card and all details are maxed in respect to this game the more ram the better i have 8gbs and thats a bit more than neccesary but it helps cause there so much scenery etc.
    The game is a big install i think its over 16gb with the accleration add on pack . so a good size hard drive is essential.
    I run with a intel quad core . Thats a good rig for the game every detail maxed . I would defo reccomend getting a good flight contoller i got the saitek x52 and which is joystick and throttle you can also buy pedals seperate .

What frames do you get?
    I downloaded the FSX demo and i got 5fps,

My rig is:

Inter Core2 Quad 6700
    2x Nvidia 8800GTX in SLI
    4gb Ram

Unless the game was completely overhauled from the demo i find it hard to believe you get a playable game with your specs. Im not trying to be condescending im just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Hogzy wrote: »
    What frames do you get?

My rig is:

Inter Core2 Quad 6700
    2x Nvidia 8800GTX in SLI
    4gb Ram

Unless the game was completely overhauled from the demo i find it hard to believe you get a playable game with your specs. Im not trying to be condescending im just curious!

5fps :eek:

Either the FSX demo was a hog or there is something seriously wrong with your pc. You sure those GTX's are plugged in:D. I dont think FSX supports SLI, maybe try it with one GTX.
    I have an Intel Core2 Quad 6700, 4 GB Ram and one Nvidia 8800GS and I get can get 30-50 fps on high settings @1280 x 1024 with a few tweaks.

OP, FSX uses a lot of CPU power. Its optimized to run over four cores (some games are'nt) so Id recommend a quad core. The fastest one your budget will stretch to. The ATI 4870 is probably best card for the money at the moment. A 4870 paired with a quad and 4GB Ram will run FSX at very high frame rates.

Hogzy wrote: »
    What frames do you get?

My rig is:

Inter Core2 Quad 6700
    2x Nvidia 8800GTX in SLI
    4gb Ram

Sorry with my specs my specs if i listed out fully would blow most average peoples comps out of the water !!!!!!!! The game is about 3 years old any new pc with a decent graphics card, cpu , memory should be able to run it no problem whatsoever !!!!!! If your getting 5fps it indicates the demo is ****ed or that you have a driver issue or somethin strange goin on !!!!!

I dont know my FPS cause i never had any issues whatsoever so never needed to check and i run it at a 1650x1050 resolution all detail maxed so just trust me you need to check whats goin on with your comp before commenting on here !!!! you made me laugh with your 5fps .

Sorry im ranting , as i said game is 3 years old any new compenents will do really well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

It is strange, I think it might be the demo.

On fs2004 with ALL world of ai packages installed and the Aerosoft Heathrow i get 30-40fps It must be the demo cos my rig is running perfectly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

The demo might still be the origonal code which has been service packed twice now! I remember it ran crap on my PC but the latest version works great. Especially if you're getting those kind of frame rates with 2004!

ya FSX was actually patched twice with rather substancial service packs so if i was you id give ya it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

thegoth wrote: »
    Hi,

I am purely a console gamer, but work in IT. I want to start playing flight simulator X so need to buy a P.C thats able to play it well. I was wondering what spec P.C I should get to so this ? I know nothing about graphics cards.

All I want is a P.C that can run flight simulator X very well.

Could someone recommend a P.C spec for this

Thanks

Max. Budget?

Advertisement