Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PokerStars refusal to give results

Options
  • 07-04-2009 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

I took this from a post on 2+2 after reading on opr and sharkscope that pokerstars will be withholding every sng from them

i personally dislike the idea... they have already banned 90 mans and 180 man sng results and will be moving to 45 27 and 18 man in the next 2 weeks. This also means you cannot look in the lobby to check stack sizes etc if you are not playing

just wanted to let people know in order to bombard them with emails if you agree with me

if not, you cant reply here :P haha, jk

My email to poker stars:

To whom it may concern,

I am a avid backer of sng players. I back players in $4.40 to $22 180 man sng's 10-100 buy ins at a time. The only way to know that I am backing a profitable player is thru tracking reports by companies such as sharkscope as you are well aware.

Also the only way for me to confirm the monies won or lost is to be able to see the results via tourn id #'s and tourn lobbies. An inability to see the results leaves trust at issue between stakers & stakees.

If pokerstars wishes to continue with this policy I will have no choice but to take my sng staking business to online poker rooms that allow such tracking. I may only be one staker, but I have 3-12 stakees running at a time. There are literally thousands of stakers out there doing this. Many representing alot more players than me.

Pokerstars has always been my favorite online poker site. Both as a player and now a staker in players. Your customer service has always been the deciding factor to play here. As a player I can find games at any site I choose to deposit money on. I choose Pokerstars.

Pleae dont make me change my mind.

Regards

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Pokerstars must die...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

<3 Stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

dougee19 wrote: »
    sharkscope
    :eek::eek::eek:

you do know you could be getting banned as we speak as pokerstars has already banned the use of sharkscope to check stats, openly admitting it in a direct email to them tbh i'll be surprised if ye dont get banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He wont get banned. And checking sharkscope is perfectly acceptable once you arent playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I wouldn't back anyone I didn't trust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I hate Sharkscope, the sooner it's banned from all sites the better.

WHy back players? just play poker ... sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah lets ban all tracking software and just play. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

you know that you can block people from seeing your stats,

Can I be removed from the database?
    As of the 21st May 2006 we have a new data removal policy. You may click here or stating the username(s)/network(s) you wish to be removed and your data will be made inaccessible to all free users. Paying subscribers will still be able to see your number of games played along with your average ROI %. All other statistics including average profit, average stake and total profit will be inaccessible, along with all the graphs. Hence, once blocked in this manner, no one will be able to calculate your total amount won or lost. All usernames blocked prior to this policy change will remain completely blocked from all users.

uner FAQ you'll find the above

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

sngs would be much more profitable if the fish did not know how bad they were so fuk sharkscope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

I personally think that stars are trying to be the 1 honest fair site to play at, (not like microgaming) i think they allow us to use trackers cause were playing them games and have the right to view your own play. Personally i dont use sharkscope i only play sngs for fun but they are an unfair advantage just like tableratings, ive lost count of how many people ive tilted telling them how high theve played and why are you here and what they have lost (all late night drunkin antics of course usually polite). But yeah its good thing if they offered rakeback and every poker player would play there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I've been told that stars are removing players names from all results and cash tables in the future, this will make all tracking software redundant. I totally agree with this policy and look forward to it. You should only have the details of any player from the history you have of playing with him, not a bloody database built up by someone else. Thats cheating. As for stakers in the game, well I'm not a fan of that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Ollieboy wrote: »
    I've been told that stars are removing players names from all results and cash tables in the future, this will make all tracking software redundant. I totally agree with this policy and look forward to it. You should only have the details of any player from the history you have of playing with him, not a bloody database built up by someone else. Thats cheating. As for stakers in the game, well I'm not a fan of that either.

Yeah GG Sheets and all your cheating cronies. Stars are the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Rakeline wrote: »
    I personally think that stars are trying to be the 1 honest fair site to play at, (not like microgaming) i think they allow us to use trackers cause were playing them games and have the right to view your own play. Personally i dont use sharkscope i only play sngs for fun but they are an unfair advantage just like tableratings, ive lost count of how many people ive tilted telling them how high theve played and why are you here and what they have lost (all late night drunkin antics of course usually polite). But yeah its good thing if they offered rakeback and every poker player would play there.

How is it an unfair advantage? It's not like the site is only available to a select few.

I honestly can't understand why people feel the need to berate/inform people of Sharkscope and their stats. It's ****ing retarded, why tell a guy who's happily losing a few $'s here and there and thinks he may be a winner/breakeven that he is the fish. It has a couple of effects, he either stops playing, tries to improve, or in the lucky cases keeps losing happily.

People informing fish of Sharkscope are in the long term losing SNG players $'s. So Rakeline lets call it $100, you can ship it to me on stars or some other site your trying to pimp out in every post.

Ugh it tilts me so much.

In summary stop telling fish they're fish and play the game, without sharkscope if your on stars, but i'll be happily using it (mainly to track myself tbh). Any half decent winning player should have enough of a brain not to give out to or lecture the value at the table. The amount of times i've seen this live which led to a fish playing deep getting up from the table makes me sick.

/rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I'd like to see this happen but I'd be absolutely shocked if it did. Surprise me one time Stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

See what'll happen then is that people will collate their personal hand histories into a massive database and continue as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

max_power wrote: »
    How is it an unfair advantage? It's not like the site is only available to a select few.

I honestly can't understand why people feel the need to berate/inform people of Sharkscope and their stats. It's ****ing retarded, why tell a guy who's happily losing a few $'s here and there and thinks he may be a winner/breakeven that he is the fish. It has a couple of effects, he either stops playing, tries to improve, or in the lucky cases keeps losing happily.

People informing fish of Sharkscope are in the long term losing SNG players $'s. So Rakeline lets call it $100, you can ship it to me on stars or some other site your trying to pimp out in every post.

Ugh it tilts me so much.

In summary stop telling fish they're fish and play the game, without sharkscope if your on stars, but i'll be happily using it (mainly to track myself tbh). Any half decent winning player should have enough of a brain not to give out to or lecture the value at the table. The amount of times i've seen this live which led to a fish playing deep getting up from the table makes me sick.

/rant.

Man shut up im not trying to pimp out sites im trying to be helpful and give my opinion on some stuff. The tread was about sharkscope and it is an unfair advantage to those that play them games day in day out, You can find the easy tables, go for hu see whos tilting ( not an advantage! )

My comment was about table ratings and that i only take the piss on late night drunkin games as said usually im a polite friendly person and in fairness when i do berate someone they usually deserve it drunk or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Man shut up im not trying to pimp out sites im trying to be helpful and give my opinion on some stuff.

Your chosen nic on boards is 'Rakeline' and your sig is 'rakeline.com'

Lol,do you think we're stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Man shut up im not trying to pimp out sites im trying to be helpful and give my opinion on some stuff. The tread was about sharkscope and it is an unfair advantage to those that play them games day in day out, You can find the easy tables, go for hu see whos tilting ( not an advantage! )

My comment was about table ratings and that i only take the piss on late night drunkin games as said usually im a polite friendly person and in fairness when i do berate someone they usually deserve it drunk or not.

How is it unfair? Everyone can do it!

The tilting thing is a load of bollox anyway, it's just something like not cashing in 6 SNGs in a row.

Advertisement