Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online topup - used wrong number

Options
  • 07-04-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A few days ago I was adding €20 topup to a Vodafone mobile number using my AIB online banking and accidentally entered the wrong mobile number. The number I put in was 1 digit out from the one I wanted, so near and yet so far!

I sent a text to the number basically saying oops and enjoy the twenty euro free credit but the text didn't deliver so it appears the number isn't in use.

If the credit had gone to an actually person's phone I could live with that but the idea of giving Vodafone twenty euro doesn't appeal to me. Do I have any chance of getting this back or having the credit transferred? This must have happened to other people before but I couldn't find anything online about it.

PS. before anyone says it yes I know I am a dumbass!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Why don't you ring up your customer care, give your details and give them the number that you topped up by accident. I'm sure they will credit your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If the number doesn't exist on the network you selected it should be automatically re-credited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 howelldavis

Hi.
    I did that once, keyed in a wrong number in my online bank account. I immediately called up vodafone support and explained them the situation. They asked me some security questions and the credit amount was re-directed to my phone almost immediately.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Would go along with what others are saying. Contact Vodafone. Provide proof if they want (in the form of screenshots of your online banking or bank statements) and they should see you right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Update in case anyone comes across this after doing the same.

I filled out a customer care form on the vodafone site and they did indeed transfer the credit over to the number I wanted it to go to.

https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/selfcare/contactus/index.jsp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Update in case anyone comes across this after doing the same.

I filled out a customer care form on the vodafone site and they did indeed transfer the credit over to the number I wanted it to go to.

https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/selfcare/contactus/index.jsp

nice one

Advertisement