Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW RGI GAS RULES OR GAS FITTERS AS TAX COLLECTORS

Options
  • 07-04-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

The new RGI gas installer’s regulations.

Having attended the meeting in Dublin last week regarding the introduction of the RGA. I was but shouldn’t have been surprised at the lack of knowledge by the people on the panel.
    As someone who works in the Gas industry here in Ireland I can see the need for the rules governing gas insulations and the people who carry out such work.
    But I have and I think so do all of the fitters and the self employed who will now be required to what started off at the meeting as a 5-euro charge for a cert. That by the meetings end was changed to 5 euro plus the VAT.

So the new system ants every gas job bee it a boiler service to moving a cooker a few feet want a certificate issued. They say it’s to fund this all-new system. But lets face it its just a 5 euro tax on the customer that the fitter has to collect.
    So if a fitter has 1000 Gas related jobs a year. He shall have to collect for this new regulatory body 5000 EURO PLUS THE VAT.

But as all income in this Country is taxed at source the gas fitter will have to pay the tax on this five thousand euro plus vat. And then hand the cash over to this regulatory body. At the full amount of 5000 plus the vat. The only people hammered here are the fitter and the customer. It’s an extra tax no matter what way one looks at it.
    So all I can say to the fitters out there is remember we are fitters and the Gas Co need us more than we need them. To the new regulatory Bord I shall say this we are fitters of gas appliances servicing engineers. NOT TAX collectors.

All I can see this doing is pushing the Jobs that require certificates under ground. That it will do more damage than good.

If there are any gas fitters or people who work within the Gas industry in Ireland would like to share their opinion please feel free.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No idea what this is supposed to have to do with the budget.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement