Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xtravision sale

Options
  • 07-04-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

xtravision have a new sale on now
    thay have
    halo 3
    gears of war 1
    blue dragon
    lost the game
    lost odyssey
    wwe 08
    fifa 08
    pes 08
    at 10 euro each all new games
    thay have pes06 at 2.95
    cod 4 30 euros
    cod 5 40 euro
    new wii games from 10 euro
    dvds at 99c
    dvds 3 for 15 euro
    blurays at 12 euro new
    cds for from 5 euros
    thay have lady gaga cd for 6.95 also u2 new cd for 7.95

Comments

I was in my local Xtravision yesterday and the cheapest Blu Ray was 15 euro, I went throught hem all as I was looking for a copy of Taken which I was told was in there somewhere and there were no DVDs for 99c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Can Anyone confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/marco/Pictures/2009-04-07/001.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/marco/Pictures/2009-04-07/002.JPG[/IMG]
    proof of recepit here

You'll have to upload to flicker or soemwhere online I do believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

its up

• Advertisement

Thanks man, was'nt doubting you or anyhting just you read so many bargain alerts on here and many of them are'nt even bargains. Any idea what other dvds are there fo a euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

He is correct the DVD's for 99 cent are war of the worlds ( tom cruise one ) or Van helsing. thats it the rest are 3 for 15 and are all pretty average ones.

Blue rays for 15 are the same ones that where 2 for 30 all year.

Its one of there worst sales its more of a "sale sticker on things that remain the same price" sale.

Their sales can be a joke. Say what you want about HMV but at least their sales are actual sales and not oh look this was a 2 for 20 now only 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

xbox36016... is that you!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

basquille wrote: »

Nooooooo....stop it, if you say his name three times he'll return :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

o my god this is real ring tham up one than

Yep. It's him allright.

"My Chemical Romance" suck balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Please God don't let there be two of them!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

He's never gonna hide on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Do not speak his name!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭golfball37

Van helsing on DVD is only 99c in Ennis xtra vision. They had 4 copies yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Im sick of xtravisions crap waste my time 'sales'. I picked out 30 quid of stuff, asked for a euro off to the 4 dudes behind counter in an empty store and they didnt even smile when they said no.

Asda.co.uk or Amazon for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Im sick of xtravisions crap waste my time 'sales'. I picked out 30 quid of stuff, asked for a euro off to the 4 dudes behind counter in an empty store and they didnt even smile when they said no.

Why would you ask for a further reduction? Do you ask for money off everywhere you shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ask them for a euro off too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Only game of interest I found was Tomb Raider Underworld marked at €14.99. Turned out it was meant to be €49.99 and TR Anniversary was at €14.99 instead :(

Oh, Skate 2 is down a fiver from last week to €30 on both 360 and PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Any cheap small mp3 players there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Too bubs and vid,

I do the very same at other stores and online. I feel even more entitled to do so in this case as they gave me the impression they had a sale going on.

People who pay more without thinking are part of the current economic problem.

Too bubs and vid,

I do the very same at other stores and online. I feel even more entitled to do so in this case as they gave me the impression they had a sale going on.

People who pay more without thinking are part of the current economic problem.

So when you order off amazon do you send them an email before hand and ask them to discount your next order? Tbh asking for money off of sales staff is a little unfair, if their tills come up under then they have to explain wher the money went. In my last job my till came up 2 euro under and my boss started accusing me of stealing, before remembering that he took the 2 euro out himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Only game of interest I found was Tomb Raider Underworld marked at €14.99. Turned out it was meant to be €49.99 and TR Anniversary was at €14.99 instead :(

Oh, Skate 2 is down a fiver from last week to €30 on both 360 and PS3.
    `
    Xtravision are good for the deals, i'll give them that.
    But - the only issue I have with them - when it comes to bargains, sale items or pre-owned games etc.
    I've been there a few times picked up some pre-owned games, gone to the counter to be told - "Sorry we actually don't have it, its gone" and this has happened i'd say approx 8-10 times in the past two months.

Why have all these deals on the shelf if they physically do not have the discs in the back??>

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

cod 5 40 euro
    seems to be 50 quid in my local branch. does anyone lese notice that no branch ever carries all the items that are meant to be on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Pablod wrote: »
    `
    Xtravision are good for the deals, i'll give them that.
    But - the only issue I have with them - when it comes to bargains, sale items or pre-owned games etc.
    I've been there a few times picked up some pre-owned games, gone to the counter to be told - "Sorry we actually don't have it, its gone" and this has happened i'd say approx 8-10 times in the past two months.

Why have all these deals on the shelf if they physically do not have the discs in the back??>

This happens regularly in alot of stores. Most stores - at least any store worth going to - will take the display box and give you a sealed copy of the item.

A staff member may not know they're then out of stock of that item, and place the display box back on the shelf.

I've even had this happen to me in GameStop, who gut all their items. In thoses cases it's usually a case of their display only boxes getting lost in the shuffle too.

When companies pay someone close to the mimimum wage, expect a breadline service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Street Fighter is €35 on the 360.

Pretty Sweet.

Advertisement