Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of Players in Irish Open

Options
  • 07-04-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi Guys,

Has anyone any idea of the number of players registered for the Irish Open 2009 main event?

There is no guaranteed amount this year and that along with the credit crunch, I am predicting numbers to be down on last years even with the drop in buy-in fee.

I'm surprized that they didn't have a guaranteed prize pool even though they had to fork out €200,000 to make up the €3mil last year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Id say the over under's about 550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭DK86

673:D

Is there two day one's this year again or only the one??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

As far as I know there ahead on last years numbers at the moment and the event as got a lot bigger this year after the exposure it got last year. But I do feel there will be less casual buy-ins on the day, IE rich business men, builders etc. So I would still expect 600 to 700 for this event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭JCos

What's the entry fee, just as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

JCos wrote: »
    What's the entry fee, just as a matter of interest?

€3500

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

753 to be exact...Got a tip for it

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

628 is my guesstimate. I hope it is more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

I have a bet with Liam Flood on this.

We set the line at 615-620; I am on the under. I have a pessamistic view on peoples willingness to buy in on the day. The Stg/Eur rate is doing us no help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

what time does registration close at on fri?

what time does registration close at on fri?

Registration is scheduled to close at 1pm, it will reopen again at 2.10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Havana Hope

My guess is 520. With only a few days to go, the buzz on boards this year is way down on previous years with most of the threads this year being about satellites run by poker clubs. Compare this to the buzz generated for the Ladbrokes Festival in Killarney last year promoted by the Cue Club and BigSlick poker. A lot more could have been done on boards and other forums by the organisers to generate a bit of excitment for this years event.

Poor economy and bad Eur/Stg exhange rate will also effect numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

We set the line at 615-620; I am on the under. I have a pessamistic view on peoples willingness to buy in on the day. The Stg/Eur rate is doing us no help either.

I reckon PPP have wasted too much money sending staff on expensive junkets. Bring back those who delivered the bigger numbers imho! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

And the reason why the mods havent gotten their entries yet becomes clear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

WTF?? Didn't you hear Leprechaun Poker alone are sending 100 players? The cheque should be in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

KevIRL wrote: »
    Knew something off was afoot!!

If only BCB took the over we'd be reg'ed and all by now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

smoothcall wrote: »
    Id say the over under's about 550

I'll take the over

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ste05 wrote: »
    Knew something off was afoot!!

If only BCB took the over we'd be reg'ed and all by now... :(

BCB has sorted me out, he just must not like ye lads. Not enough face time I'd say.

5starpool wrote: »
    BCB has sorted me out, he just must not like ye lads. Not enough face time I'd say.

im getting to it lads, I will be traveling to Dublin today with a bag of cash to buy tickets for both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

im getting to it lads, I will be traveling to Dublin today with a bag of cash to buy tickets for both of you.

be careful, I hear Tallaght is a dodgy area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

If you see the scarlet pimpernel wandering around with a bag of cash will you please direct him to the ppp HQ.. seemingly he's looking for it for the last week

• Advertisement
Advertisement