Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Languages with concurrent Teacher Education

Options
  • 07-04-2009 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm thinking about applying for Languages with concurrent Teacher Education in UL, and I'd like to study ELT and Japanese within it.

I was wondering if you actually needed to have studied Japanese during the Leaving Cert first, or do they go back to basics in the course?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

No experience in Japanese is required, it is available for complete beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Diamond007 wrote: »
    No experience in Japanese is required, it is available for complete beginners.

+1.

Yep, I know someone doing Business and Japanese without any previous knowledge of it. They're getting on ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Surely there isnt a japanese leaving cert subject?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kob29 wrote: »
    Surely there isnt a japanese leaving cert subject?

There is.

And don't call me shirley :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roverm

i thought the teaching council rejected this course so ye might not get a teaching degree from it or did UL sort this problem out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

I don't think it was rejected, I think it hasn't been approved yet because there aren't any graduates from the course as of yet as it is only in it's second year.
    I could be wrong though...:confused:

Advertisement