Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Best Up and Coming Male Stand Up Comedian's!

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Who is ireland's best Up and coming male Stand up Comedians'???

My Personal favourite's of all time would have to be:

Kevin Goldsmith - Legend if there ever was one.

Mark Hanratty - Well what can i say Brilliant.

Barry Mac - Another legend great for getting crowd attention.

Damo Clarke - Brilliant MC always great to watch

Andrew Stanley - i love his Ebay story + I dare ya Legend

Who are The Best Male Stand up Comedian's?? 32 votes

Kevin Goldsmith
    0% 0 votes
    Barry Mac
    12% 4 votes
    Mark Hanratty
    12% 4 votes
    Damo Clarke
    15% 5 votes
    Andrew Stanley
    21% 7 votes
    Conal Carr
    21% 7 votes
    Benjamin Musgrave
    0% 0 votes
    Neil Hickey
    0% 0 votes
    Gearoid Farrelly
    9% 3 votes
    Kieran Lawless
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Robbie Bonham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

squidgey wrote: »
    Robbie Bonham

I agree. Bloody good comedian! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Looks like I have 10 comedians to check out in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Irelandseye2010

Yeah thay are brilliant, im not sure what comedian belongs to what club but i hear comedy dublin got a few new members so that should be good.

I fail to see any purpose to this thread. You use the term up and coming - and then in the next sentance list your "all time favourites" - I'm lost.

You are trying to compare new comedians and established comedians - chosing to exclude certain new or established comedians from your list. This poll to me is the equivilant of asking

"which is better - Jam or Scooby Doo"

Could you help clarify what you hope to achieve with this thread. If you're looking to get peoples opinions on new male comedians they like - maybe you could remove the poll option and define clearly what you mean by new or up and coming.

Cheers, Dara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What about Paddy Loughran? Any use?

Pighead wrote: »
    What about Paddy Loughran? Any use?

Hi Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hi Paddy!
    Pighead's name is not Paddy, it's Pighead. Why would you call Pighead by a name that doesn't belong to him? To you this may seem trivial but maybe you'd think otherwise if Pighead started calling you by a name not your own.

Anyway, talk to you later Bernadette.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I suppose we can discount Kieran Lawless since he moved to England recently?
    Man, I wouldn't like to choose. I'm a fan of everyone on that list to an extent.

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead's name is not Paddy, it's Pighead. Why would you call Pighead by a name that doesn't belong to him? To you this may seem trivial but maybe you'd think otherwise if Pighead started calling you by a name not your own.

Anyway, talk to you later Bernadette.

Do you normally speak about yourself in the third person??

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

"which is better - Jam or Scooby Doo"

Jam.

He does actually.

Oh wait! What flavour?

p.s. Thanks for the vote for me there guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the fact that robbie bonhams name is not on this list is the reason im not going to vote, i llike all the other guys but that is a major flaw! to use this crazy internet lingo: Robbie ftw!!

dude, give up, this is one battle you aint gonna win!

I've no idea how to handle praise, so I'm just gonna dance around it, and post as normal. But thanks guys! It'll probably be up to ye, in a couple more years, to pull me back down from my own hole...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Barry Mack

"im not sure what comedian belongs to what club"

what?

comedians dont belong to clubs

clubs belong to comedians

is everyone Up and Coming?
    some of these acts have been going 8 or 9 years longer than others
    I couldn't possibly think of a more Random bunch of "Irish" acts if I tried.
    I do think that there are some obvious omissions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Jarleth Regan.

James Marsh should be on the list too.

Galvasean wrote: »
    James Marsh should be on the list too.

+1 QFT

there are a number of glaring ommisions from this poll!

When i meant up and coming i meant people who i would love to see on TV. This was my poll and my chosen Comedians, this poll was created to see who would agree which of these are the best of the best because to me they are all great and cant choose. This poll was not intended to offend any comedian not on the list. Its jusy my personal Poll, Altho certain comedians have been performing longer than others thats not the point, my point is there all up and coming and they are all great. And this was made entirely for fun, altho some people take it very seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Didnt vote as dont live in dublin so i dont know if ive seen them (not much with names)
    Robbie B is as good as i have seen (and remember the name of) in Ireland recently

I do remember seeing Andrew Stanley live <snip>, the wonderfull sense of relief when it was over!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Warning given to Elshambo.

Guys and Girls... please keep your critique of the comedians clean.

When i meant up and coming i meant people who i would love to see on TV. This was my poll and my chosen Comedians, this poll was created to see who would agree which of these are the best of the best because to me they are all great and cant choose. This poll was not intended to offend any comedian not on the list. Its jusy my personal Poll, Altho certain comedians have been performing longer than others thats not the point, my point is there all up and coming and they are all great. And this was made entirely for fun, altho some people take it very seriously.

Again that makes no sense as at least 2 of the people on your list have already been on tv. Also this isn't a best of the best list at all - A best of the best list would imply that you were picking comedians who perform to the highest standard and would be considered by many to be the best in their particular type of comedy field. Eg Bill Hicks, Bill Cosby etc

So in reference to my previous post I think the correct answer is Scooby Doo - but only just.

well it seems some people let things bother them to much, the poll is my poll and no one else's ok i picked who i thought would be great selection, im not aware who has more years experience, i just want to hear who thinks what comedian is good, so please stop making foolish comments on how things dont make sence sorry if im not a comedy expert so take your smart idiot comments somewhere! I am also aware of the boys from i dare ya being on tv there great but other people i mentioned on the list deserve to be on tv too! Im sorry if this was a mindless poll i did not think i would have people reading into it so much, maybe there just bored and have nothing else better to do then comment on peoples simple polls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Im sorry if this was a mindless poll i did not think i would have people reading into it so much, maybe there just bored and have nothing else better to do then comment on peoples simple polls!
    And what did you think would happen when you posted a poll on Irelands largest community website ? And btw, once you post a poll, you don't really get to claim ownership over it as a poll without voters is pretty much a waste of time. Anybody who takes part in a poll has a certain right to ownership of the poll as they have contributed to the outcome, so please, leave it go and move on. We have had mindless polls in the past and im sure we will have many more in the future - you just popped your head above the parapet and somebody took a shot - live with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 garylynchfix

Without my name on it, this poll is meaningless. Please add my name immediately. My target it 11th place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lilijoyce

Without my name on it, this poll is meaningless. Please add my name immediately. My target it 11th place.

Same here!

Also, dont understand the purpose of the pole (not to offend anyone, i just dont understand it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

lilijoyce wrote: »
    Also, dont understand the purpose of the pole (not to offend anyone, i just dont understand it!

The purpose of the pole was to fill construction industry vacancies while us Paddy's sought out €5 cafe lattes.

11th!? aiming for the stars as usual gary?! :pac:
    Same here!

you going for 11th place too? its a coveted spot!

yeah i agree, too many ommissions for my liking! I'm not bitter though....i swear im not

>_>

<_<

wut?
    frobisher wrote: »
    The purpose of the pole was to fill construction industry vacancies while us Paddy's sought out €5 cafe lattes.

er.........what?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

frobisher wrote: »

Zing!

Advertisement