Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could a student with a 2.2 degree AND a masters be taken on for a PhD?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I know a student with a 2.1 can go straight into a PhD but what about the above case?

I'm in science by the way (maths)

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Without a masters:

I doubt you'd get funding but if you're really interested in something and have a lot of knowledge beyond what your results show.

Then you could go right up to one of these guys with a research proposal that demonstrates your understanding and maybe if he's impressed and has funding then yeah I guess.

It'd be fairly unlikely you'd be able to do that though. Not that i know you or anything.

With the masters:

I guess if you do some very good research project, then yeah again, I'd imagine. It depends who you're competing with.

Advertisement