Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important FHACTS!!

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

1. I was just looking at the Boardeaux Wiki entry and learned for the first time that Lepo's real name is John.

B. This Friday is the second anniversary of my goal from the half way line against Inter Yerauldone. Still cant believe nobody got a touch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Draupnir wrote: »
    1. I was just looking at the Boardeaux Wiki entry and learned for the first time that Lepo's real name is John.
    :eek:

IS IT?!?!?!
    Draupnir wrote: »
    B. This Friday is the second anniversary of my goal from the half way line against Inter Yerauldone. Still cant believe nobody got a touch.

Er, lucky kick more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Des wrote: »
    Er, lucky kick more like.

You cut me to the core Des. It was also the game in which Gary took the worst peno in football history excluding Chris Waddles against Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Didnt we get thumped in that match also :p I vaguely remember 7 goals

Yeah it was 7-2, myself and Stekelly played centre half so no real shock there. :D

I think it was one of Karl's first games in goal for Boards and he wasn't exactly enthused by it!

You sure Karl played that match?

I think it was Bernie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Karl was rarely enthused.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think it went like this.

first game was bernie, lost 7-0, then we drew the 2nd 2-2, that was mine and karls first game. im think karl was in for the 3rd game which was 7-2 but im not sure.

You sure Karl played that match?

I think it was Bernie.

Not 100% sure Karl played, but I think he did. Reason I think that is I believe he made about 5 top drawer saves to stop it being worse than what it was, then again that could have been any game that season.

i think it went like this.

first game was bernie, lost 7-0, then we drew the 2nd 2-2, that was mine and karls first game. im think karl was in for the 3rd game which was 7-2 but im not sure.

That's my memory of events too alright, we were still doing a bit of training in the Phoenix Park at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

u know, we didnt do too bad that year. we finished 7th, but on 22 points. the league was won with 33. after the first 3 games, we then as far as i know, didnt lose any game by more than one goal. stopped glenwood winning the league on the last day.

got in a lot of players in the last 3/4 weeks and went unbeaten. most of the lads that came in, are still there - dave, dan, gav, martin, art. maybe had we those lot from the start (I remember 4 or 5 lads dropped out after the 2nd and 3rd games) we could have come 3rd or 4th.

• Advertisement

It's all ifs and buts.

I've also changed the title of this thread.

Keith, are you Rafa in disguise?

If I was, then this thread would just be about Alex Ferguson.

Was that the season that Shay's mate John played left wing? What a player that guy was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Keith, are you Rafa in disguise?

Why do you say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Draupnir is also a Keith.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Draupnir is also a Keith.

FHACT!

Advertisement