Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POND PLANT`

Options
  • 07-04-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

anyone know where i can buy water soldiers [stratoides aloides] they are floaters for my garden pond am living in dublin,am willing to travel reasonable distance for them [6] have tried all or most of the garden centers around the city and one wholesaler in north dublin with no luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

search www.ebay.co.uk. most of the suppliers will post to Ireland. plants come in reasonable condition, especially if they are posted on a MONDAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's still a tad early for most of the pond floaters, one cold night and these mainly tropical plants will suffer. I normally stock up each year around mid-May which is when you'll see them in the shops here.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

thanks for the replys am on two minds now wheather to buy as suggested on e-bay or wait till weather gets a bit warmer and may be see them for sale in some of our garden centers

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

LIDL has some recently, but the feckin fish ate the lot!

Advertisement