Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Convert passenger vehicle to commercial

Options
  • 07-04-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm importing a ford puma from the UK and thinking of converting it to commercial. Is this possible? and whats involved? Can i just remove the seats myself or does it have to be done by a garage?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nagidamt

I'm thinking of doing the same with a Trooper, as far as I know you have to make the rear windows opaque and remove the rear seats and safety belts and weld the mounts for both so that they can't be used again easily.

Can anyone clarify this, I also heard mention of no sunroof allowed, does this mean I have to seal it up or can I just make it opaque/tinted?
    Also a bit confused about the windows, do they have to be blocked off/sealed or simply tinted?

Finally one last question, do you have to get commercial insurance to go with the tax and if so do I need a VAT number etc.

If anyone has an idea please respond or even a link would be great, can't find anything through searching.

Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

dont forget that you have to put metal inside the windows too and they wont let you away with it otherwise and as far as the PUMA is concerened you have to have 1.1 meters from the inside of the back door to the back of the front seats basicly room for a standard pallet id check the size before i would go to too much trouble converting it

Advertisement