Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railing The Irish Open

Options
  • 07-04-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Would it be ok with the authorities and the players for people to go out and watch at all? Would love to see a few of the big names in person!!

What time would be the best if it is allowed?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

yeah quite a few people do that, anytime during the day should be fine

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That won't be an issue as long as you are lingering in the playing area, although on the first day at least there will be so many players and others wandering among the tables that you might be able to wander around i nthere anyhow, but if you stand in the same place too long you will get moved I'd imagine. There is an area outside the playing area, and a seperate one for the TV table where you can stand to your hearts content, but might not be able to see much except the tables beside the rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

No autographs please, I have to concentrate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

valor wrote: »
    No autographs please, I have to concentrate
    well then dont be going around asking anybody for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I went a few years ago. The best spot is around the side entrance where all the smokers hang out. That's where you get to really chat with the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

There is no problem railing a few of the outer tables.

There is a great buzz about the place and watching some of the cash tables is great too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Cash tables for the win imo...Especially d ones wit the loonie mad rich scandies 3/4/5 betting and pushin wit bags of spanners and busting aces and kings every second hand...... When the main event gets near d final table its very tense but great viewing if you have a mate involved or else one the irish known pros is still der....Mighty craic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,747 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I have 50% in Valor so I'll be railing most of the weekend, or most likely 2 hours into the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

We'll have free live music every evening of the main event, should be great on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

is devilfish playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

is devilfish playing?

apparently not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

is devilfish playing?

No he's not able to make it

His girlfriend's comfirmation is on the same weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

^^^^ hahahahahaha awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

is eastgate playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I was never into railing poker even when a mate is on a deep run,but 2 years ago at the IO after an early exit,I didn't feel like playing so it was either rail or go home.
    Stayed for the rest of the weekend beering and railing Nicky and Fox all the way to the final,it was some buzz and will live long in the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Four-Too

After a long day of cheering on your favourite player, will there be cash games going on on Friday evening, or maybe Saturday evening also? It is nice to have a go after all that watching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

the cash ended up being 24hr last year so anytime you want

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

ionapaul wrote: »
    We'll have free live music every evening of the main event, should be great on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in particular.

Not sure if this has been answered in any of the other threads yet but is there going to be drink served on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I presume because it's a hotel and if you're a resident you can get booze. Not sure though if you're just visiting?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

you are supposed to show your room key when you get served. some of the staff insist others don't care. just borrow one off someone there if u don't have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

You can have my key any day bobbyg!!!
    SuperStock_1663R-23707.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

newbie2 wrote: »
    You can have my key any day bobbyg!!!
    SuperStock_1663R-23707.jpg
    I've alerted security...you won't be allowed within 50 feet of the tournament hall at Citywest! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

ionapaul wrote: »
    I've alerted security...you won't be allowed within 50 feet of the tournament hall at Citywest! :)

Killjoy!

Advertisement