Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching practice

Options
  • 06-04-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey all,
    Just a quick question about getting some teaching practice. I am finished my degree next month and wish to apply for the Post Grad in primary education. I would like to get some teaching practice under my belt so it looks good when i am doing my interview. What is the best way to go about this? furthermore do schools willingly accept people who wish to volunteer in the school?
    Some info about this would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

hi
    when i was looking for teching practice before doing my dip I just sent cvs to schools in my local area. I subbed in primary and seconday schools. this might be more difficult now with cut backs but if you are volunteering I am sure schools would take you on if they are not paying you. the best advise though is to apply to the schools you went to (once you were an okay student!!) explain the situtation to them and i am sure they will try to accomodate you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 new-teach

Use all the contacts you have. You'll have a better chance if somebody in the school knows you, in my experience schools are far less likely to take complete strangers on for TP, and quite a few have past-pupils only policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 notabother

Try educationposts.ie and signing up for the text-a-sub service

Advertisement