Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie RPG and Boardgames: Last Night on Earth

Options
  • 06-04-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

Anyone played the board game Last Night on Earth? Looks like it may be something I'm going to have to invest in. Only takes an hour or so to play and you can be either Zombies or Survivors... looks neat.

"Last Night on Earth, The Zombie Game is a survival horror board game that pits small-town Heroes head-to-head against a limitless horde of Zombies (players can play on the Hero team or as the Zombies). A modular board randomly determines the layout of the town at the start of each game and there are several different scenarios to play, adding lots of replayability. Fast Paced Game Play with Easy To Learn rules allows players to jump right into the action, while Strategic Depth and Strong Cooperative Play keeps the game interesting. To achieve a horror movie feel, all of the art for the game is photographic and the game comes with a CD Soundtrack of original music."

Also working on a Zombie/WW2-based RPG. Probably use GURPS for the system though Call of Cthulhu would be neat. Something similar in feel to F. Paul Wilson's "The Keep".

Anyone else have good tabletop Zombie suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

anyone up for a zombie beers? board game can come XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Now thats a fine idea... zombie beer. Light? Dark? Malty? Earthy? I feel another post may be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Well if theres ever a time when its OK to resurrect a zombie thread from a year ago, i reckons its this one. I only recently heard about this game (I know, what rock have i crawled out from under!) - sounds class and i'd love to get my hands on it. So ... where would one buy it in Ireland (ideally, Galway)? I saw it on Amazon, but shipping bumps the price up a lot so ideally i'd prefer a bricks-and-mortar shop where i could pick it up. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I don't know of any,have you tried amazon ireland? the shipping would be easier,or ebay.

It's not really what I'd call a "rpg" by general standards,I'm a few zombie rpg's now and while this game is good,it can't quite make up for a GM with a zombie hunter mind

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Already looked on amazon Ireland, completely sold out. it is on amazon UK, but only from sellers, however they don't sell to Ireland. it is on ebay alright and i guess thats my last resort, but shipping would fleece me on ebay :-(

by the way i'm intrigued ... whats a "GM with a zombie hunter mind"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Puteq wrote: »
    by the way i'm intrigued ... whats a "GM with a zombie hunter mind"?
    GM= Game Master,they run the game/plot

one with a zombie hunter mind being, a friend of mine who has been living like a lot of us boardsies do for quite a while:checking for exits in a bar,watching the roof tops for alternative movement routes and has a list of the perfect pack to carry to reach his predisposed safehouse.

Basically,instead of the normal"your attacked by a zombie" It's:"there's a zombie at the bottoms of the stairs about to groan,you've time for one action or the chain swarming begins"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

If yer into zombie rpg's check out All Flesh Must Be Eaten... great system and a variety of settings to play out your zombie apocalypse scenario.

Also recently aquired Shambles but have not played it at all yet. You play the zombie and the survivors, etc are handled by the GM.

And no - I've still not played Last Night on Earth yet. My local game store has it on hand and I look at it I'm in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Puteq wrote: »
    Well if theres ever a time when its OK to resurrect a zombie thread from a year ago, i reckons its this one. I only recently heard about this game (I know, what rock have i crawled out from under!) - sounds class and i'd love to get my hands on it. So ... where would one buy it in Ireland (ideally, Galway)? I saw it on Amazon, but shipping bumps the price up a lot so ideally i'd prefer a bricks-and-mortar shop where i could pick it up. Thanks

Possibly Gamers World on Jervis Street. They largely do GW/Privateer Press games and models, but they also have a good board game selection. If they don't have it and can't order it in, they may be able to tell you where to go. The owner, Martin, is a sound enough chap too.

Advertisement