Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOTICE - Person to Person $ transfers

Options
  • 06-04-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,537 ✭✭✭✭

Are now to be posted in this thread in the online section.

Please do not start a thread asking for $ transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Although i agree they are noise to anyone who isnt transferring or receiving, but its not like there is alot of top quality threads constantly being updated in the main forum.

Also people normally only post them in the main forum, when theyve exhausted most options available to them to get the $$$ transfer and they need a quick response from somebody.

With the lack of views the online section gets, i think that the importance of getting a swift reply will be lost there.

imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Also sticky or this will get lost I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We need not worry about the online forum not getting any views with the ongoing Leprechaun debacle!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

semibluff wrote: »
    Although i agree they are noise to anyone who isnt transferring or receiving, but its not like there is alot of top quality threads constantly being updated in the main forum.

Also people normally only post them in the main forum, when theyve exhausted most options available to them to get the $$$ transfer and they need a quick response from somebody.

With the lack of views the online section gets, i think that the importance of getting a swift reply will be lost there.

imo

Great point I don't think any is going to go to a specific thread to see if anyone is stuck.The front page is derelect anyway so I don't see any harm in requests there.Now there going to end up in the bbv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Think its a bit harsh ! Would it not be fairer to restrict it to the online section as opposed to one thread in there !

I can understand the main forum not been taken over!

Its unlikely anyone will look at a stickied thread whereas they may look at a new thread !

Didnt think the forum was been overtaken by these threads anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Dont see the big deal lads, the stickied thread on 2+2 works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

semibluff wrote: »

imo

I agree with all of this.

Having a single thread for all transfers is ridiculous. If you have a sub forum for player transfers it would still be a bad idea.

Most threads are locked within a couple of hours and they disappear from the main page. They shouldnt bother anyone because we all know exactly whats in the threads before we open them.

I've never started a thread asking for $$$ swaps, but i have posted in the BBV and got it sorted almost immediately. If i didnt get looked after, i would have started a thread on the main page. Who in their right mind would keep looking in this thread to see if they might be able to help someone out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

personally, I think this mostly only happens during scoop and ftops events mostly, its 2 weeks..... not too big of a deal

and if you're going to put it anywhere as 1 thread i think it should be on the main instead of the online section, but also agree it shouldnt just be one thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

There was a lot of requests this weekend, that was prob down to proximity of IO and the fact scoop is on. I dont think these threads bother anyone, and i've always been sorted in under 1 hour.
    In contrast my post tonight in the new stickie has gone unanswered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Agree with above, bad idea imo, i know ill never look in that thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

aya14 wrote: »
    Dont see the big deal lads, the stickied thread on 2+2 works fine

2+2 works off a massive base, not even worth comparing. I think i have started two threads in 2 years requesting this !

I hope the mods have a rethink about this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This is a great idea, well done mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,537 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This might have been an idea executed too hastily on our behalf.

We are reviewing it at the mo based on the feedback given in this thread. I'm in London till later tonight so hopefully will be able to sort something tomorrow

Advertisement