Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating Cat Food

Options
  • 06-04-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

As you know, I have 2 big cats who are spolied to death and they are particular about their food. We usually buy our cat food in newry in jolleys pet store. Last time we went we bought a 5 kg pack of their own brand dry food for our cats as i usually try different brands both cheap & expensive ones.

They didn't like it at all. They would prefer to go hungry rather than eat that :confused:. I tried mixing it with wet food but they pick the wet food and eat it.

So we decided to donate this bag of dry food to a rescue centre. We have only used up at the most 400g from a 5 kg pack.

Can you tell me which one i should donate it to?? Do they have separate centers like that?? i don't mind dropping off the food provided its on weekends.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I would say any of the cat charities would be delighted with a donation of food here's a link to a list of them http://www.irishanimals.ie/cats/index.html

There's also a girl in Greystones who is helping out two elderly ladies with a colony of cats and she takes in the cats when she can to neuter etc. and rehome them it's a long process so in the mean time the ladies have to feed the remaining cats so she would be delighted with a donation of food.
    Can pm her email to you if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kitty_mom

hello guineapigrescue,

thanks for the information. Do you know if the cats seen in the website are all in a foster care or is it like a separate rescue centre.. if its a foster home then i would like to get the email id of the girl in greystone otherwise i would rather give them to abused/rescue centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Hi - I have the same fussy cat problem!!

I've had to move my cats onto more wet food in their diet and am currently experimenting with what they will/won't eat.
    This has left me with 12 unopened tins of cat-food that they won't touch!!!

Can i just drive up to the DSPCA shelter in Rathfarnham and hand these in? I looked on their website but there's nothing about donating food.

I tried the link above but it didn't work for me ~ i realise this thread is about a year old.

Advertisement