Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCA

Options
  • 06-04-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone kno if thers an FCA in ros? Advice bout how i might get in for the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you mean the Reserve Defence Forces, formally known as the FCA?
    Old thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98080

Search for Roscommon here http://www.military.ie/reserves/locator/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Anyone kno if thers an FCA in ros? Advice bout how i might get in for the summer?

Yes there is but I am afraid it is a victim of the budgetary cutbacks and all recruitment has stopped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I am a member of the Reserves in Athlone and Roscommon is a Sub-Unit, so is Boyle. Unfortunately, we are not taking on anymore recruits and those sub units will be closing down, so if people can travel to Athlone, then that is what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

djhunter30 wrote: »
    I am a member of the Reserves in Athlone and Roscommon is a Sub-Unit, so is Boyle. Unfortunately, we are not taking on anymore recruits and those sub units will be closing down, so if people can travel to Athlone, then that is what will happen.

Damien you're talking through your tóin as usual Boyle and Roscommon are not for sale but rumour has it that HQ Coy 56 Bn, Military Police and Signals will amalgamate to form a Naval Reserve Unit on Lough Ree. So I was told by a military historian and my historian trumps yours in the military site!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well thats all I heard!!!

• Advertisement

I'll consider listening to rumour next time. Just wondering will recruiting pick up again? I didn't know that Roscommon and Boyle were actually owned, learn something new everyday.

Advertisement