Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over-priced on luggage in Dublin Airport

Options
  • 06-04-2009 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just back from the Canaries and wanted to let people know that the price for over weight bags is double here than in Spain.

On the way out in Dublin Airport we were 3kg over our allowed 40kg, the reason being my 1.5 year old daughters gear.
    We were charged €15 per kg - €45 by the "lovely girl at the Services Desk" who would not make any allowances for the small child.

On the way back, the price per kg was €7.50 in Las Palmos Airport and we were 1.5kg over, no charge as we had a small child with us.

My parents were in mainlaind Spain in Feb and the price per kg was €6.

Why is Dublin twice the price? And does the DAA Staff get commission on enforcing these charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Aer lingus wanted to charge my wife €500 when she was heading to Manila for a month! Manila for a month ffs!! She only had one suitcase, she was only connecting with them to Amsterdam to get a KLM flight.
    I had to drive back to the airport to relieve her of a load of stuff.

The airlines have managed to make air travel a horrible experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 topcelt

What I want to know is how the government can stop the taxi drivers from charging for bags at the airport, because its a necessity for travelers to have luggage. Then they sit back and allow the airlines to do it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

That is simple, the Government regulates taxi drivers.
    They can not regulate Airlines because they are international companies.
    Aer lingus of course they could control since they own it.

Advertisement