Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Bookers Withdrawals (Taking Longer?)

Options
  • 06-04-2009 5:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Just a quick question, when i first started using moneybookers withdrawals never took longer than 3 days.
    For the last 2-3 months every withdrawal has taken 5 days, which is pissing me off no end. Anyone experiencing the same? Is it down to moneybookers or the bank ?(which in this case is AIB).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I might as well ask another MB question here rather than starting a new thread.

I will be receiving rakeback payments in USS$ and I will be transferring them to my € bank a/c....Does it make any difference if I set up a € or $ MB account? I'm trying to save on exchange rates and fees obviously and just wonder if it is cheaper having those fees/FX rates charged between my $ RB provider and my € MB a/c, or between my $ MB a/c and my € bank a/c? (If that makes any sense!)

I suspect it makes little or no difference since the exchange needs to happen somewhere so I have to take the hit at some point, but I'm not certain.

I am leaning towards a $ MB account as it appears more transparant: I can see the exact $ amount my RB provider is sending me, then the exact amount I lose between my MB a/c and my bank a/c.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Yep, I have been having issues over the same time period (Ulster Bank). A mate works for the bank and advised whenever Moneybookers process it, the transfer goes in straight away to them. So it is definitely delays on MB's end

I queried the last one and they advised they had processed it exactly 5 days from the time I withdrew it from their site. They used to do it in 2 working days or 3 the odd time.

Have done a couple of withdrawals yesterday/today so will see how long they take.

I might as well ask another MB question here rather than starting a new thread.

I will be receiving rakeback payments in USS$ and I will be transferring them to my € bank a/c....Does it make any difference if I set up a € or $ MB account? I'm trying to save on exchange rates and fees obviously and just wonder if it is cheaper having those fees/FX rates charged between my $ RB provider and my € MB a/c, or between my $ MB a/c and my € bank a/c? (If that makes any sense!)

I suspect it makes little or no difference since the exchange needs to happen somewhere so I have to take the hit at some point, but I'm not certain.

I am leaning towards a $ MB account as it appears more transparant: I can see the exact $ amount my RB provider is sending me, then the exact amount I lose between my MB a/c and my bank a/c.

Cheers.

Anyone? Kinda need to get this sorted today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭digiman

Yeah, they have definetly been slower than normal, a few months ago I was able to get the withdrawel to my Bank of Ireland account in a day or so but more recently I was taking out some larger withdrawels than normal and they were taken 5-7 days.

As for the $ or Euro thing, I would advise setting up Neteller in one currecny and Moneybookers in another. This is handist thing IMO especially if you can have multiple poker accounts. What you could do then is the follows:

Set up your rakeback to go to your Full Tilt account which would be in dollars, then do a transfer to Stars to your neteller account which you can transfer to your bank account in Euros. This way you avoid any currency fees but do have the hassle of getting someone to do Stars to Full Tilt transfers but these are usually easy enough to get done.

Thanks Digiman.

I'm trying to avoid Neteller altogether (rude, expensive morons IMO). And the transfer thing you suggested using different poker sites just sounds like a bit too much hassle for a monthly rb payment.

So I guess I'll just set up a $ Moneybookers a/c and just lose out on the FX conversion from there into my bank a/c.

Anyway, thanks for advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Yep, I have been having issues over the same time period (Ulster Bank). A mate works for the bank and advised whenever Moneybookers process it, the transfer goes in straight away to them. So it is definitely delays on MB's end

I queried the last one and they advised they had processed it exactly 5 days from the time I withdrew it from their site. They used to do it in 2 working days or 3 the odd time.

Have done a couple of withdrawals yesterday/today so will see how long they take.

img178.jpg
    "Three business days. They mean three business days. I'm saying you don't include Saturday...in your three days. It's not a business day."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheApache

Its always been my opinion that the speed of transfers from Poker accounts to MB was down to the poker sites, on the basis that transfers from Poker Stars and Full Tilt are almost instant, while ipoker and other sites can take 5 working days.
    I think the exchange rate seems to be decided also by the poker sites, usually at the same rate at which you deposit.

Advertisement