Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Bypass and associated roads

Options
  • 05-04-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭

A couple of months back, I really put my foot in it when I suggested that the new road projects in Waterford didn't benefit Waterford Airport.

Waterford boardsie, Bards, put me straight on that score and I held my hands up to my mistake. Its not often I make one, but I ballsed up big time on that ocassion.

Anyway, I was down Waterford way over the weekend and had a good look at all the recession bucking trends in road building. I guess you really have to see it to understand it. Its very impressive and will transform the city and region. While I don't rate Waterford Airport, the overall improvements in the area are astounding. When this bypass is complete, its gonna be something special to drive in the Waterford city area.

So Bards, apologies from moi and enjoy what is perhaps the best urban road project in the country. Cork got there and Limerick is on the way. Galway is a bit of a mess, despite the road building and Dublin is an unmitigated disaster after billions in expenditure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I have to agree. It's like a rags to riches story as regards Waterford and sth east infrastructure. The new bridge is a really magnificent structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭Bards

DWCommuter wrote: »
    A couple of months back, I really put my foot in it when I suggested that the new road projects in Waterford didn't benefit Waterford Airport.

Waterford boardsie, Bards, put me straight on that score and I held my hands up to my mistake. Its not often I make one, but I ballsed up big time on that ocassion.

Anyway, I was down Waterford way over the weekend and had a good look at all the recession bucking trends in road building. I guess you really have to see it to understand it. Its very impressive and will transform the city and region. While I don't rate Waterford Airport, the overall improvements in the area are astounding. When this bypass is complete, its gonna be something special to drive in the Waterford city area.

So Bards, apologies from moi and enjoy what is perhaps the best urban road project in the country. Cork got there and Limerick is on the way. Galway is a bit of a mess, despite the road building and Dublin is an unmitigated disaster after billions in expenditure.

Apology accepted;)

Advertisement