Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed on Sky Sports!

Options
  • 05-04-2009 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Went to look for the Macheda goal against Villa today and found a SS clip on youtube. At 0.25 and again at 1.25 they have a close-up of Ed and mates celebrating. He's in the white jersey. Definitely him!

Boards represented on RTE and Sky in one year, good advertising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6lMLkCGaaA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

You'd swear he was from Manchester the way he's celebrating there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

He was on MOTD2 there aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I though I spotted his ugly mug alright.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

It's 2-2. Your team are hanging on for a well earned point at the 'theatre of dreams'. Out of nothing some no-name youth player scores a wonder goal in the 93rd minute. You're deflated. "How worse can it get?" you think to yourself.

Then, low and behold, you see Ed. In 32" widescreen sky digital horsing around the gaff like a leper on E. You are no happier seeing him at this point than you would be if you found him in bed having a foursome with yer bird, yer sister and yorema.

Why do you mock me, God of Sky?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Has anyone got a working link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

he's on this:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1011546104053&ref=nf

You can see him straight after the goal and then after the replays they show him in slow-mo. Funny stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

That's a quality post Sav. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Savman wrote: »
    It's 2-2. Your team are hanging on for a well earned point at the 'theatre of dreams'. Out of nothing some no-name youth player scores a wonder goal in the 93rd minute. You're deflated. "How worse can it get?" you think to yourself.

Then, low and behold, you see Ed. In 32" widescreen sky digital horsing around the gaff like a leper on E. You are no happier seeing him at this point than you would be if you found him in bed having a foursome with yer bird, yer sister and yorema.

Why do you mock me, God of Sky?

quality sav, quality. what a finish to the game. i got over 60 texts after it yesterday, just saw it last night in the airport on sky. madness.

sky sports commentry - http://www.soccerclips.net/en/videos/man-utd-3-2-aston-villa-macheda

and btw martin, my dad lived and worked in manchester in the 60s and 70s, my brother was born over there. they both stood on the stretford end many times before i ever went there there. i think im entitled to celebrate how i want ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I cant even bring myself to discuss it yet, physically sick. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I actually spit out my tea watching this on MOTD 2 last night when you popped up Ed!

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote: »
    I actually spit out my tea watching this on MOTD 2 last night when you popped up Ed!

that only showed a small bit. have a look at the live like from sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I just saw the Sky coverage on Facebook there, thank god I wasnt watching this in the pub with the lads, I don't think they would have appreciated me interrupting the celebrations to point out the mad Kerryman I knew on the Telly!

Talk about us getting media coverage, it starts off with Ed on sky and then at lunch I open up target in the Star and there's Martin and Sav (not together). Next thing you know they'll be doing a TV program about us!

Eh, Deco Shanahan is my name for that team Michael. Little registration issue :D

Bring that paper tonight will you please.

And Deco?

rofl.

Do I not look like a Deco no? :D I was in the Star 5 or 6 weeks ago as well. Our game was one of the only games this weekend hence why we get to be in twice.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Do I not look like a Deco no? :D I was in the Star 5 or 6 weeks ago as well. Our game was one of the only games this weekend hence why we get to be in twice.

weve been at the top of the table all season and we aint been in it once and you lot bottom and in it twice, thats baffling. there was a day when we were the only game played as our pitch was playale and is not a public pitch and still nothing :confused::confused:

Martin's team is obviously better looking

weve been at the top of the table all season and we aint been in it once and you lot bottom and in it twice, thats baffling. there was a day when we were the only game played as our pitch was playale and is not a public pitch and still nothing :confused::confused:

I rang the Star and told them not to go see you. It's that simple Ed. When you're rich and powerful and sexy like me (with a faboulously sturdy chin to boot) you can command the tabloid newspapers Junior football section :cool:

Is one of your players not a sports Journalist for a rival paper? Would that have anything to do with it?

• Advertisement

emc2 wrote: »
    Is one of your players not a sports Journalist for a rival paper? Would that have anything to do with it?

dont know, its hard to say, doubt they would be that petty though. say its just down to location, maybe the lad that covers the lower divisions is based in certain areas.

speaking of which, des, you bringing the top scorer award for him tonight?

Advertisement