Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 6th post poobah special: Table selection

Options
  • 05-04-2009 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Well it's finally arrived. The clocks been ticking on my big 6th post for a while now and finally I can say here it is. I'm sure there's been endless speculation on what topic I was going to use, and to be hoenst I'd lots of ideas and half written posts bouncing around the old noodle myself but I've finally settled on this one. A key thing that even winning pokore players often get wrong, and here it is...Table selection.

This is a large topic, and what makes the perfect table depends on your own situation alot, so I've broken it down into three categorys which we'll go into now.

Category One: Colour

pt5820-450x300.jpg

redproport.JPG

Standard green or a posher looking red? Many n00bs tend to think the red looks better and instinctively are drawn towards it, but the fundamental rule of pokore is to keep our win-rate out of the red and onto the green. Winning players love green, and that's where you want to be. Are you a winning player? Ask yourself that next time you're deciding which you prefer.

Category 2: Shape.

pt5820-450x300.jpg
    redproport.JPG

Oval, circle, square, rectangle? No I'm not ordering a pizza LOL (Note lack of triangle option). This is like many situations in poker, it depends. I mean for a circle room obviously a circular table is optimul and will be the most comfort, but you want to get out of your comfort zone to be a winning player, and so you choose the rectangle shape with the curved edges. This gives you the best access to the donks and gives them no place to hide, now you can stare them straight in the face and watch them squirm as you hit them with your game theory optimal 3 betting frequencies and bluffing ranges, and watch them cry as you count up their monies.

Category 3: Cup holders

pt5820-450x300.jpg
    redproport.JPG

Why would you want cupholders?

But stavstavstav, I like to drink? I hear you ask. STFU n00b, I'm trying to teach. It's simple, what do cup holders hold? Cups. What do cups hold? Water, and what lives in water? Fish. You want the fish at your table and with nowhere to go, not swimming around in your cups. No cup holders will increase your winrate by 0.3 PTBB's/100 guarenteed mimimum whatever level you play, it's as good as a good RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEBACK deal on the PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMA network. So get rid of those cups, you'll have plenty of time to drink when you're using this advice to rake in enough money to buy a third story onto your house.

Cliffnotes

So which one of these tables would you choose?

pt5820-450x300.jpg
    redproport.JPG

If you still don't know, I suggest you read "My 6th post poobah special: Table selection" by stavstavstav

Comments

Advertisement