Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting wine to Austrailia??

Options
  • 04-04-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    right so i`ve got two bottles of wine that i want to post to a mate in OZ,
    does anyone know whats the best way to package it,+ how long it takes, and roughly what it would cost?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I'd say it'd be dificult to do. Aussie customs are very strict about anything coming in. a cork cork might upset them for 1 thing.

I'd bubblewrap the bottles and get some cardboard box just snug so the bottles can't move much or at all and use packing peanuts or the like to fill it.

An Post have postal rates for the postage cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sean6477

dead on, cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

You can get special packaging for posting bottles but no idea where you'd get these here. Basicall a styrofoam inner that the bottle fits into and a cardboard box to go with it. Otherwise as suggested bubble wrap and a snug fitting box which you shou;ld cut to size your self and use plenty tape to keep it secured. Basically 6x6x16inces should suffice.

Believe it or not it will be cheaper to send these seperately.

Both together are going to be around 4kgs and this will be considered as a parcel and it is going to cost you around 50EUro

A single bottle with packaging is about 2kgs and shold be sent as a packet not parcel. That is going to cost you circa £16.60 Standard post or 20.95 registered per packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

A bit like sending coal to Newcastle:) It will cost too much postage, insurance, duty. It might break or be stolen or confiscated. Most wines including imports are available in the major capitals over there and you can arrange delivery quite easily.

Advertisement