Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pats Hat/chat

Options
  • 04-04-2009 7:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I remember well Pat Ingoldsbys unique brand of anarchy on the kids shows he presented in the 70s and 80s.Anyone know what the great man is doing these days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

darkdubh wrote: »
    I remember well Pat Ingoldsbys unique brand of anarchy on the kids shows he presented in the 70s and 80s.Anyone know what the great man is doing these days?

I am not sure but I think he is concentrating on his poetry.

If Pat's Hat and Pat's Chat had been made by ITV or, to a lesser extent, BBC, they would be probably be released on DVD by now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

darkdubh wrote: »

Selling poetry books on Westmoreland street usually, for the last good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

Didn't he always have a story about a spider or something? I forget how it went.confused.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Spear wrote: »
    Selling poetry books on Westmoreland street usually, for the last good few years.
    Worth a look at as there are a few gems in them.

Also you cut out the middle man and can get it autographed /dedicated too, and won't mind a chat either just as long as you don't confuse him with forty coats (Fran Dempsey)

I have some of his books. he is a great man, a national treasure. If RTE had any sense they would give this man a show. Adults like him, children love him.
    His is an amazing story teller.
    His funny is funny poignant, intelligent.

hes a hard grafter too is Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭zesman

Pat Ingoldsby is a national treasure. RTE certainly are crazy not having him on the tv or radio and I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up by an independent radio station. Like most things in Ireland Pat's genius will only come to light after he's dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Spindle the spider was its name.

Years ago, my dad was going to buy a book off Pat Ingoldsby when he was selling them on the street somewhere in Dublin but he was so rude to him (for no apparent reason) that the transaction never took place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

A bring back Pat petition to RTE perhaps, he was great on th telebox.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Did he have something called The Savage Cabbage as well? A puppet maybe. That name is stuck in my head in relation to him.

Advertisement