Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats a fare %

Options
  • 04-04-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

ok so i played a live single table sat for 35 euro that lead into a super sat for the io which was also a single table sit and go, i won the first sat but unfortunately i couldnt play the super sat and asked a friend of mine if he would play the sat under the conditions that if he won the sat i would play the io an give him a %, now at the time we never came to an exact %, we took a ball park figure between 30% and 50% and we decide after if he won the sat what % would be fare so i thought i would stick a post up and get some opinions to what is fare? (sweet on the ticket)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

33.333333333333333333%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

35% maybe 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

10%....he is freerolling after all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

i think 30% seems very fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

JP Poker wrote: »
    35% maybe 40%

this is spot on albert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 allinstevie

50% imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I'd say half as well, but as you agreed between 30/50 so you should at least give the split on this 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

I would have said half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I`d half to say 50/40 and 10 for the unmerciful piss up afte you take it down....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

The same thing happened me but it was online for the $1500 ECOOP Main Event, i played a feeder to the super-sat and then my friend played the super-sat as i couldnt make it - he duly qualified and we went 50/50 of any winnings - tbh i would be expecting 50% if i was in his shoes too - what would you expect if the shoe was on the other foot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Mont wrote: »
    The same thing happened me but it was online for the $1500 ECOOP Main Event, i played a feeder to the super-sat and then my friend played the super-sat as i couldnt make it - he duly qualified and we went 50/50 of any winnings - tbh i would be expecting 50% if i was in his shoes too - what would you expect if the shoe was on the other foot?

thats a lot of shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

40-50% Any less than 40% would be grossly unfair imo,and you did say that you're friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

10percent for u, 90 for him, your freerolling after all!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

akkenny wrote: »
    what % would be fare so i thought i would stick a post up and get some opinions to what is fare?

I would pay all of his fare.

Any winnings I would split down the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

if you win just bring him to the fun fair

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭akkenny

wele it seams lik the avarage percentege is aboot 40 and if eye wer in hes shoe i wood be happey wit 40 to so thinke ill propose that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

is your spell checker on reverse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

is your spell checker on reverse?

Quoted to negate editing when it dawns on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Serena08

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I'd say half as well, but as you agreed between 30/50 so you should at least give the split on this 40%

Thisis fair good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

50% is too much in my opinion. Considering how much extra effort you would have put in to winning the IO versus what he was done, it was be really unfair on you.

He only played a 1 table Sit-n-go FFS, you'll have to play four days straight not to mention what you played to get into the Sat he played - to get any money out of it, so in my opinion 30% is really enough.

Also Albert, how do you not know how to spell fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Think the moral here is to nail these %age agreements before the event. But given the situation I think 33% is about right as you have a lot of poker to play to cash and he's on a freeroll.

BTW your mate dogged me in this sat with AJ v my JJ AIPF for a whopper :mad:

Advertisement