Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way I can become more "receptive" to contacts ?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I'd love to have an encounter or experience , and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on things I could do to make myself more "receptive" to things ? I think just to know there is something out there, and that my own loved ones that have passed on are somewhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

mikedublin wrote: »
    I'd love to have an encounter or experience , and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on things I could do to make myself more "receptive" to things ? I think just to know there is something out there, and that my own loved ones that have passed on are somewhere else.
    an encounter or experience with a spirit or ghost!?
    Good question.i dont know but maybe the experienced people there will give you answers.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont think there is anything you can 'do' to provoke a physical paranormal event. And you might just drive yourself crazy looking for one.:) You could try joining a paranormal group and going to investigations, if thats your bag.

If youre looking for your own personal confirmation of someone or something 'out there', then maybe thats more along the lines of spiritual development. If youre heading along those lines, the most basic thing to start with is meditation -time when you can be quiet and hear your own brain, cos thats whats needed. It might sound funny, but in order to be more receptive, sometimes the best thing to do is stop trying, just meditate for its own sake, not for anything else. What you seek can have a funny way of just following from it.

Trust that youll end up in the right place or situation to get the confirmation you seek. It might just be a sign you understand, you might meet a spiritual person who gives it to you, or you may begin your own spiritual journey. Relax, and trust 'them' to make it happen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Get yourself a large old style bin lid , totally cover it with tinfoil, put a hole in the middle for your head and wear it, Ok you probably will want to wear this when there aren't any people around because it will look odd so late at night is usually best, or just wear it in the house though you will be less likely to have an encounter but still a lot more likely than without the device, this device makes you 10 times more receptive to the spirit world, give it a go and best of luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

You can only attract the same as yourself.
    Is that what you really want?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

MooseJam wrote: »
    Get yourself a large old style bin lid , totally cover it with tinfoil, put a hole in the middle for your head and wear it, Ok you probably will want to wear this when there aren't any people around because it will look odd so late at night is usually best, or just wear it in the house though you will be less likely to have an encounter but still a lot more likely than without the device, this device makes you 10 times more receptive to the spirit world, give it a go and best of luck !

<moderator>I would warn you to read the forum charter, but you should really know better at this stage</moderator>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'd agree with everything Oryx said.

You very probably already know this, but I'd also add that it's very rare for anyone to have a paranormal experience of any kind. Within those that do, it's also rare to have an experience that is definitive one way or the other, or one that can definitely confirm something. Within that group again, it's very rare to have a level of control that allows someone to trigger a specific type of experience.

As I'm sure you already know, for most people at least, the paranormal isn't really anything like the movies would have us believe, with ghosts appearing all over the place talking to people. I don't want to be discouraging, but I think it's important to say that there isn't any particular set of steps you can follow to definitely get the answers you want. I believe that it tends to be infinitely more subtle. I know that all sounds very negative, but ...

I do believe that anyone can experience the paranormal. There's a lot of talk about "special people" and about people having "the gift", but I don't really buy into that. I think of it more like football, some people are naturally talented, others have to practice and train more, but in the end anyone can play. Of course the difficulty in this is knowing exactly what and how to practice, which leads back to your question. I can't say for sure, but I can give some pointers.

First, don't expect to get any definitive answers. Anything you experience will most likely be very subjective and you will have to interpret it for yourself (we will be glad to offer advice and opinions, but ultimately it will fall back on you to decide what anything means and what is right). Secondly, don't expect to get the answer you expect, try to be open to all possibilities. It's very easy to find someone or something that will show you exactly what you want to see, but that may not be the truth (I won't try to tell you what the truth is because I've no idea myself, my version of the truth changes every few hours :)). Next, don't expect some huge revelation, expect subtleties and amigouities, little things that on their own mean nothing but when summed up and taken together may mean something.

In line with that, pay attention to the littlest and most mundane of things and try to see them in a huge amount of detail. If it rains, spend a moment feeling every single rain drop fall against your skin, as you feel each one think about it's journey, from landing on you, to falling through the sky, to forming in a cloud, from being vapour condensing in cold air, to evaporating and rising into the sky from the sea etc. Rain is a great example, but everything you see and touch around you has a similar level of intricacy, try to spend time noticing them and being aware of them, then reaching out and being part of them. Learn how to meditate, this will teach you how to focus your mind, and as you become better at it, get some guided meditations (I think there's some in this forum if you search, or you can probably find some online or by joining one of the few groups that are around), and these will/may teach you to feel and be part of the energy that is around you.

Apologies if that's a bit vague ( <--- understatement of the year :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

i think some times, feelings for loved ones that have passed can be a negative thing when tryin to provoke a paranormal event.

spiritual development as in how you see or feel, in the world around you!?,i dont agree.
    to be more receptive is to blend feeling's, not outside yourself, but within your soul.i believe there was another question before this one, in that you know the reason, why you want to provoke something or someone!?
    then again i've only my own spiritual development to go by.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Just pay attention to the little subtles of life. Life and the universe will reveal all you need to know. You just need to open yourself to it and trust it.

The universe is only a mirror, you just need to start realising what is reflecting back.

Your loved ones are never far, they were here, they are in many places at the one time and they will always be there for you. It's just a chain of life, you are here to continue where those left off. Your souls are all connected to each other. You have your soul work to do on this earthly plane. Your all part of the cosmic dance. Nothing stays the same forever, nothing is born without death. Nothing begins without ending. Infact it's a never ending cycle. Your soul and higher counciousness always evolves and takes new directions in the universe. The soul, is the concious part of the universe. You just need to let in the higher energies. Some of you are in physical and some of you are not. That is the only difference.

Just open the door to cosmic reality and it will come clear to you.

In this world and reality we are cot up in the phyiscal way of life.

On a side note, our creators certainly made this chess board difficult for us to seek out answers we desire to know the most. But in the next few years. Humanity will literally bounce. I mean literally. We will become far more open, intuitive, receptive and multi faceted.

Your loved ones, are souls, they are just not in physical 3.D earth plane. But their essense lives on and there energy always carries them to the next steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Use your imagination..

We get alot of results during times of laughter. We would sit for hours asking for things to happen and nothing happens but once we break and start joking about things , stuff happens .
    I also hear that laughter is great for brightening your aura so they can see you better (anybody want to back me up on that?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

there are a lot of types of paranormal in my case i have flashbacks [of myself in a passed life] but my last experience happened if feb this year in south wicklow i rented o 400 year old redfurbished cottage for the month-the first night sitting next to the old fireplace ,two young ladies appeared one about six years old with a lame right foot the other about 16 years old ,making no sound within a minute they vanished ,my wife and dog were with me and they dident see them,they dident reappear for the rest of the month ,both girls were dressed in victorian dress,-try mia dolans web site, it may help you

We get alot of results during times of laughter. We would sit for hours asking for things to happen and nothing happens but once we break and start joking about things , stuff happens .
    I also hear that laughter is great for brightening your aura so they can see you better (anybody want to back me up on that?)
    Yup, I agree, an upbeat mood seems to work better for anything paranormal. Its why stage mediums also seem to have a good line in humerous patter, to get the crowd laughing. In my experience though, any strong emotion works, but the law of attraction seems to apply. If youre grumpy, youll get a grumpy ghost/spirit. :)

Oryx wrote: »
    If youre grumpy, youll get a grumpy ghost/spirit. :)

If i make myself sexy , can a attract a sexy spirit ?

If i make myself sexy , can a attract a sexy spirit ?
    That depends. Can you make yourself sexy??

Oryx wrote: »
    That depends. Can you make yourself sexy??

I tried but didnt work :(

Advertisement