Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some interesting reading?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Could an1 recomend some interesting reading?

I could some some insight into handling the mortality of life

Becoming more one with my mind

If find myself thinking on the balance of life. I was thinking alot lately about the yin yang symbol, my initial though was that in order for me too find my center I would have to find a balance (eg hedonism/asceticism), Im thinking now that while I still need to find a balance in life it needs to be relative to me (eg Hedonism/Morality). So as apposed to being in absolute balance im going to try to be a relative balance (Think of a tangent crossing through the symbol and the position and direction would be ones belief and outlook).

Rant over, Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Akos01

Ahaha point taken :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Eastern Philosophy might interest you. Tao Te Ching is a good little book to read, you could spend a lifetime trying to decipher it though. You could try Nietzche or Ayn Rand. Basically read as much as you can and figure out what works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

There's a good little "starter" book that gives you an overview of the works of Nietzsche. Think it's called a "Nietzsche Reader" (Penguin Books) I "tried" to get through it before but not intelligent enough, lol......:) Not exactly light reading!

Advertisement