Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do many Irish get H1B work visa (USA)?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I have been researching this and even though H1Bs are geared towards all foreigners with good degrees, it seems most are given to Indians, Chinese etc. I know that in these countries education is very important hence they get higher degrees and hence they get in, but, for example,
    Would an Indian have a better chance at getting a H1B visa than an Irish person if they both had Masters Degrees in a particular field?
    I understand its actual compaines that apply, not the applicants themselves.
    Also, do you know any Irish with a H1B? What sort of degree do they have (level etc.)?
    Any info. greatly appreciated. Cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I can't answer your first question, but I'd doubt it. More Indians get the visa because there are more applying.

As for your second question, I know four Irish people who got the H1B visa. Two worked for Google (and I am actually not 100% sure if they got the H1B or another work visa); one had a degree in English, the other in History and English, but both had worked for Google for several years before transfering. One friend has a degree in chemistry and a postgrad in biochemistry, and the fourth has a Comp Sci degree (no postgrad).

Advertisement