Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[news]Cryptozoology blog under fire

Options
  • 03-04-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/xxx/

Seems that a fairly famous "news" publication has gone a little mad.
    After approaching the famous blog, and being turned down, the publication sent the blogger a cease and desist.
    In what seems like a flurry of elusive flattering emails to Cryptomundo a few days ago, and personally to me today, the tabloid just sent this my way:
    “My name is [deleted], I am the Production Manager over at [deleted]
    “We absolutely love Cryptomundo, you guys are the top cryptozoology news site out there!
    “We would love to partner with you on syndicating some of your pieces for our website. Either news stories or just stand-alone pieces on specific cryptids would work for us. We would of course credit the site and put a link at the bottom of every post.
    “They don’t even have to be super recent, but if you were interested in sending us specially-written pieces, we would love those too!
    “Please let me know if you are interested, I would love to discuss this with you!”
    Hey, [deleted] makes lots of money off their “news,” so I naturally, out of curiosity, asked them, “For what fee?”
    Their answer: “Well, we were thinking more along the lines of sending new traffic your way.”

The story was up a day or so ago, and the name of the publication was there for all to see, now its replaced by [deleted] tags.

The site was not the only one to receive such emails, as this comment states
    Yep, she tried me too a few weeks ago. I had a gut feeling from the get go. After a few back and forth emails I never heard from her again.

interesting story imo.

Advertisement