Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venus Fly Traps in Dublin

Options
  • 03-04-2009 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'v found a venus fly trap kit on an English site.

The price seem pretty reasonable but the delivery is a tad high..

Does anybody know where I can buy a kit like the on the website? It must be a kit of some sort as it's a present. Seeds only wouldn't really do..

Also, Does anybody know how many seeds usually come in these packs?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Weel you can buy fully grown plants in a few places in Dublin. Don't know if that is any use to you? I saw them on sale in B&Q a few time and a shop on Capel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Weel you can buy fully grown plants in a few places in Dublin. Don't know if that is any use to you? I saw them on sale in B&Q a few time and a shop on Capel Street.

Cool...Thats even better..!

Wher, Where, Where ?!?

Can you remember the name of the shop on Capel St. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Its a gardening shop called hackets I think. I don't konw if they have a season, If they are only sold at certain times of the year? I can check early next week if they have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

They are usually available in most decent garden centres around June time. I've had a few plants before but they are very hard to keep in the Irish climate. Do plenty of research about how to look afer them but don't be disappointed if they don't last more than 8 months or a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

I have seen both the kits and ready grown plants in Homebase - bought one as a pressie - lasted about 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Bought one last june in B&Q. It's still alive and currently flowering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Cool.. I'll check out the likes of homebase and B&Q..I'l check the shop on Capel St too if i'm about..

Thanks All!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

yeah b&q was where I got mine. I had it for about 3 years. Rainwatered only. I think it died in 2006, it was a very dry summer. lovely plant. I would give it another go. Might try Hackett's in Capel st.

Advertisement