Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Player for a 98 Volvo V40

Options
  • 03-04-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to get a CD player for a 98 Volvo V40.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

*edit*
    op is this your car interior?
    media?id=6807412

If so then any "1 din" size head unit will fit that. there is a space for a "2DIN" size aswell which means flip out dvd player etc can be fitted etc Prices start from as little as 20euro upwards depending on what you want it to do..
    Anything specific or do you need an OEM? if the latter, try a few scrappies and failing that ring the dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

Vas_Guy wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to get a CD player for a 98 Volvo V40.

Thanks

I'd say that would be a fair swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

congo_90 wrote: »
    *edit*
    op is this your car interior?
    media?id=6807412

If so then any "1 din" size head unit will fit that. there is a space for a "2DIN" size aswell which means flip out dvd player etc can be fitted etc Prices start from as little as 20euro upwards depending on what you want it to do..
    Anything specific or do you need an OEM? if the latter, try a few scrappies and failing that ring the dealers.

That's the interior all right, thanks for the advise.

If you excuse my ignorance what is a 1 & 2 din size head unit.

I'm just looking for a single unit CD player nothing specific

Would any of the ones in argos fit.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

DIN refers to a standardized radio/stereo size for vehicles (large enough to accept a CD). The size is 2" high by 7" wide. 2 DIN or double DIN refers to units that are twice as high as the standard DIN, and so 1 DIN would be the standard DIN specification.

A quick check on the argos site, yea they should just pop right in. The radio's usually come with all the tools you need. You may have to buy a wiring adapter depending on how the wires are in the back of the radio (typically 15-20euro). Any motor factors or halfords will have it. something like This here Good luck on the install!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

got a cd player it came with a i/o cable, it does not fit the cables that pluged into the back of the excisting radio and a quick search on the net i think i need an adapter http://www.revealcable.co.uk/acatalog/Volkswagon__Volvo.html

or do i need to cut and solder wires from the cd player to the car wires

• Advertisement
Advertisement