Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft shops,Can you Try before buy??

Options
  • 03-04-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Just a quick question.

Anyone know of any airsoft shop that will let you try out the airsoft gun before ya buy it? To take a test shot with it.

Thanks.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They may let you dry-fire one, but not live-fire. For safety reasons that's a big no-no, plus I don't know of any shop with enough room inside to house an effective range in-store. Remember, you'd need a minimum of 10m for that kind of thing, and be insured for it. Most shops also avoid them because they attract an inordinate amount of tyre-kickers who just want to faff about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Oh,I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

its pretty much as Dex said.
    However most retailers are bang on and will have a very good returns policy.
    so if you bring it home empty a mag and decide it not for you there is a good chance of getting an exchange.

cherubaul wrote: »
    However most retailers are bang on and will have a very good returns policy.
    so if you bring it home empty a mag and decide it not for you there is a good chance of getting an exchange.

Ah right,well thats cool.Can you tell me any shops that do this? I've had bad experience with one airsoft shop which I cant mention under forum rules,Thats why im just being very careful about buying airsoft stuff now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

Tony Did it for me once.
    just ask the shop what their policy is.
    what was your bad experience btw.
    i don't need the name of the retailer.
    remember just because you dont like something doesnt give you the right
    to exchange or refund under consumer law.

• Advertisement

what was your bad experience btw.
    I would rather not get into it on here.No offence.:cool:

Tony Did it for me once.
    quote]
    What store was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Tony Did it for me once.
    quote]
    What store was that?

Tony's shop is Eirsoft. And they are brilliant for things like that. My G36 was broken and he didn't fix it, he just sent me a new one on the same day. My M4 broke and its up getting fixed right now. My G23 broke and thats getting fixed too:). I would say they wouldn't mind as long as your replacement was of equal or more value.

Tony's shop is Eirsoft. And they are brilliant for things like that. My G36 was broken and he didn't fix it, he just sent me a new one on the same day. My M4 broke and its up getting fixed right now. My G23 broke and thats getting fixed too:). I would say they wouldn't mind as long as your replacement was of equal or more value.

Cool.They sound good!

Do eirsoft have a walk in store?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Cool.They sound good!

They are:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Do eirsoft have a walk in store?

Of course! They also have a thread here on boards if you have an questions you can ask in there. Although you'll probably get a faster response if you ring them.

Their shop address is: Broombridge Business Centre, 288 Bannow Road, Dublin 7.

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/

I really recommend Eirsoft.

Cool,thanks dread.

No problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 conorcostello

yeah m.i.a let you hold and look at all the guns but not fire i dont think anywhere does that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

yeah m.i.a let you hold and look at all the guns but not fire i dont think anywhere does that!!!

Go tactical in bray do, And good work on the thread necromancy

thread_necromancer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

NakedDex wrote: »
    They may let you dry-fire one, but not live-fire. For safety reasons that's a big no-no, plus I don't know of any shop with enough room inside to house an effective range in-store. Remember, you'd need a minimum of 10m for that kind of thing, and be insured for it. Most shops also avoid them because they attract an inordinate amount of tyre-kickers who just want to faff about.

I am not sure if they will let you test fire an AEG, as I haven't purchased one in a while, but I know that both Hobby Airsoft Kildare and QAS-Newbridge both have instore ranges. If you ask them nicely, I am sure they would sort something out for you. I know that they are both run by great people

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Go Tactical Wexford Also let your fire any gun on show in the shop.

The lads at QAS are very helpful when it comes to helping a customer choose the right equipment.

*bugger didnt realise the thread is 2 weeks old*

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Paterson

Go tactical & Quality Airsoft Supplies both let you test fire a fair few rounds, there could be more that let you do the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement