Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners surf weekend in europe - help :)

Options
  • 03-04-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello

Myself and a friend did some surfing out in Australia in Byron (we're total beginners but loved it) so we're thinking of doing a Ryanair over to somewhere in south europe (fair weather surfers at this stage ;) ) for a 2/3 day weekend of beginner surfing in May / June.

I've been checking out surf schools in Spain & Portugal but they mostly seem to do only week packages...

Anyone know anywhere:

1. Within a handy flight from Dublin airport.
    2. Can do two or three 1/2 days of lessons over a weekend
    3. Cater for very raw but enthusiastic beginnners
    4. Accom. something up a level from a hostel?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

I have never been there but how about Peniche in Portugal. My mate was there last year and he was a beginner and had a great time. Its very close to Lisbon which i know you can fly to from cork (and maybe from dublin too, not sure?)

Or else wait till november and go to morocco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ronanoc

Biarritz. Ryanair fly there and there's a couple of great beaches. Great beginner surf in one of the main beaches (can't remember the name). There's also Anglet just up the coast if you want something different.
    I went ther in 2007 and loved the place, stayed in an apart-hotel thing really near the centre and close to the beach. I'd highly recommend it.

Advertisement