Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boffer - Pool/Air Hockey Table for under €200

Options
  • 03-04-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

£177.98 delivered

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

£2.99 for delivery off a pool table,, or a bag of crap excudling the paddy surcharge. It just doesn't make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they say that they will add a £5 courier surcharge for some items, but can't see any other hidden delivery costs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No my point was about how they have a standard shipping charge. Its £7.99 for ireland,, no matter if its a GIANT pool table, or a cd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

tis very strange that, but you could say the same about any sites that give free delivery (like play.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

We had a table like that in our apartment, and it was rubbish.

The pool table was impossible to level, the pockets were too big, and the balls started to disintegrate after a while.

The air hockey table was worse. The air wasn't strong enough to be like the air hockey tables in the arcades.

Be cautious with this one, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I got one of these last time it was on Boffer, It's good enough.. but I do have problems getting the pool table level (+ its not a very big table, the timber surrounding the table counts in the dimensions of this thing so be aware of that, the pockets are also too big and on some corners the balls roll in way too easily)

The airhockey is ok, except its annoying there are no proper pockets for the pucks, its just a groove cut out of the table that it kind of sticks into, the boffer ad for it is a bit misleading as in the picture on the site (before you click to enlarge) you can see a pocket for the airhockey puck, but when you click it to enlarge you get a picture of a different table which is the one they ship.

This table is/was around 500 in argos so it is still a good deal.

Advertisement