Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in a true story spoken word workshop?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    This is my first post here so please be gentle if I break any protocols.
    I have just started listening to recordings from a podcast called TheMoth. While the image that 'spoken-word' brings to mind make me want to run a mile the version that TheMoth produces is inspirational.
    As an avid talker and someone who loves telling stories I have been moved by many of the stories I have heard on the podcast and site. What stands out most is the honesty of the storytellers. They speak with the frankness of someone talking to their best friend and this creates an intimacy with the audience that seems to create an empathy based on the human condition. That said, its not as high falutin' as I've just made it sound. It's often funny and irreverant.
    The stories are around ten minutes long and as far as I can see the only stipulations are that the speaker work without notes and that the stories be true, not sure why the truth part is important, maybe it helps create the authenticity that most of the stories have.
    I was wondering if could this work in Dublin and if so would anybody be up for it? It would only require the renting of a room and a mic really so please respond if you would be interested. Check out the website at http://www.themoth.org/ for samples.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 smithrdn

Yes I am interested and hope to see and watch it here again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daithibun

smithrdn wrote: »
    Yes I am interested and hope to see and watch it here again and again

well it seems we are the only two interested so far but a few of my friends are up for it as well so hopefully it should work, i'll stay in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mucri

daithibun wrote: »
    Hi,
    This is my first post here so please be gentle if I break any protocols.
    I have just started listening to recordings from a podcast called TheMoth. While the image that 'spoken-word' brings to mind make me want to run a mile the version that TheMoth produces is inspirational.
    As an avid talker and someone who loves telling stories I have been moved by many of the stories I have heard on the podcast and site. What stands out most is the honesty of the storytellers. They speak with the frankness of someone talking to their best friend and this creates an intimacy with the audience that seems to create an empathy based on the human condition. That said, its not as high falutin' as I've just made it sound. It's often funny and irreverant.
    The stories are around ten minutes long and as far as I can see the only stipulations are that the speaker work without notes and that the stories be true, not sure why the truth part is important, maybe it helps create the authenticity that most of the stories have.
    I was wondering if could this work in Dublin and if so would anybody be up for it? It would only require the renting of a room and a mic really so please respond if you would be interested. Check out the website at http://www.themoth.org/ for samples.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Hey would you be willing to run this project with kids. Pm me please, got the space, cheers

Advertisement