Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women Poker Players

Options
  • 02-04-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just wondering what do men think of women poker players??I play tournaments nearly every weekend. Are most men put off by women playing poker, does it seem manly in some sense?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

I met my current girlfriend playing poker. I used to give her more respect for a big hand as i think most players consider women players as solid players making very little moves. I soon realised she was 10 times more aggressive then me.(in and outside of poker)I found it a turn on that she played and was v good at poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Poker players are judged as poker players, their sex is irrelevant. I dont think anyone I know treats female players differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

destroyer wrote: »
    Poker players are judged as poker players, their sex is irrelevant. I dont think anyone I know treats female players differently.
    I agree with this, but only when the cards are dealt and the chips are down. Otherwise, I enjoy the extra spice that a female player brings to a table. the craic is always a lot more interesting in tournaments where there's a few womenfolk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

destroyer wrote: »

bollox, there are massive amounts of neanderthals out there who make women uncomfortable at the table (especially the lady dealers)

I'm sure some of our female members would confirm this

bollox, there are massive amounts of neanderthals out there who make women uncomfortable at the table (especially the lady dealers)

I'm sure some of our female members would confirm this

Was just gonna post basically the same thing. The amount of hugely inappropriate things I've heard said to women at the table and the dealers in particular is shocking. However it is usually an indication of how much of a general drooler the player in question is anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Completely agree with this. Now whats for dinner blondiegirl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

And foreigners, student scum, non taxi drivers, good players, educated peeps, people who wash....the list of those who are abused at the poker table is almost endless.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Just wondering what do men think of women poker players??I play tournaments nearly every weekend. Are most men put off by women playing poker, does it seem manly in some sense?

In answer to this original question I don't know of any man put off by the fact that a woman plays poker. It would have to be a plus in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Big plus in my books, i know it can be daunting to enter a poker room and for a woman i could only imagine it can be a little worse.

There is defo one or two women poker players that i don't like tangling in pots with.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Serena08

I also play myslef and my partner has no problem with it (except the fact I win more than him):D In general I don't tink men have a problem with women playing poker but I have to agree there are certain players do deliberatly go after a woman player to try and upset her game . but I suppose it can be said about any player in fairness were all the same when at the tables :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I know a few decent female players, my own missus, my sisters, my mother! [she taught me how to play ffs! :D ] and some of the girls I've gotten to know who play online a lot, like Serena there ;) And I have learned never to underestimate them, the good ones that is. Of course some of them are ****e too, but so are plenty of male players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I hate smurph

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I hate smurph

Jesus Damo, thats a wild thing to say! :D I wouldnt take that smurph Fight fight fight :D

It bothers me a whole lot cause its just another player in the game better than me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I hate smurph

Damo pictured earlier today

gargamel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Women are all very well but you can't beat the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

I hate smurph

We'll settle this properly in Mullingar tomorrow night Damo.........

"Ya big girls blouse ya" :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

smurph's not a women, we all know she's a transformer/terminator or somethin' right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

bops wrote: »
    smurph's not a women, we all know she's a transformer/terminator or somethin' right??

she's definitely a killing machine of some sort

I just backed her to win the IO btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

I met my current girlfriend playing poker. I used to give her more respect for a big hand as i think most players consider women players as solid players making very little moves. I soon realised she was 10 times more aggressive then me.(in and outside of poker)I found it a turn on that she played and was v good at poker.

Gayist post ever on oards imo..........ban needed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Icarus152 wrote: »
    Women are all very well but you can't beat the real thing.

huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

smurph wrote: »
    We'll settle this properly in Mullingar tomorrow night Damo.........

"Ya big girls blouse ya" :D:D:D
    Unfortunately i cant make it to mullingar tomorrow nite :mad:. But when we meet again you be afraid very afraid i tell ya.
    Damo's comin to get ya ,Damo's comin to get ya ,Muhahahahaha:eek::eek::eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I've been a bit wary of them since Berni McMahon dumped me out of a Fitz tournament in the first hand.
    Smurf knows how to play, and has the results to prove it. Cat O'Neill also impressed me in the Westbury last month.

Advertisement