Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DSLiteI deal question

Options
  • 02-04-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

One of the kids told me they heard of a deal on The Den(TV) regarding the new dslite with the camera. It was said you could get it for half price if you gave in your DS lite. So the original DSLite plus cash for the new DSI. Anyone know anything about this offer. My daughter is only 8 so I'm not sure if she picked it up right but she is adament.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

One of the kids told me they heard of a deal on The Den(TV) regarding the new dslite with the camera. It was said you could get it for half price if you gave in your DS lite. So the original DSLite plus cash for the new DSI. Anyone know anything about this offer. My daughter is only 8 so I'm not sure if she picked it up right but she is adament.

Gamesstop, and probably others too, are doing a trade-in along those lines. Don't know if the value is the same as suggested in your post. IIRC, it's a DS Lite plus €79.99 cash for a new DSi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

DSi RRP is €160 from what I've seen.

So fairly decent offer if it's €80 plus your old DSi.

Personally I wouldn't change (yet if at all) as they haven't confirmed compatibility of any (even newly revised) R4/TT type card yet IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

fdevine wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't change (yet if at all) as they haven't confirmed compatibility of any (even newly revised) R4/TT type card yet IIRC.

They've already got a few available and they seem to work but i haven't any first hand experience of this.

OP, alot of places did a similar deal when the original DS Lite came out and people were trading in their older, chunker DS's, so i'd be fairly confident she's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The signs are up on GameStop in Henry Street showing the offer, but they have knocked the price down to 69.00€.
    TarfHead wrote: »
    Gamesstop, and probably others too, are doing a trade-in along those lines. Don't know if the value is the same as suggested in your post. IIRC, it's a DS Lite plus €79.99 cash for a new DSi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

This should moved to the Requests sub-forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement